The Student Room Group

You know those perfect people...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
I've applied there too. :biggrin:

Ooh, exciting :awesome: For post grad?

I just re read your post and I misunderstood it. The people I have in mind literally turned down Oxbridge :cry:
Original post by mkap
you now that person who doesnt even revise and get A's and you spend your whole day revising and get C's

yeh thought you looked retarded
Original post by donte
I was often considered to be one of those people. To some I may still be one of those people.
I'm not perfect, but I try to be/do the best in all I do.
I'm not complete, I'm just strong in myself. (and lucky!)
It doesn't mean I'm not broken, because I'm so fragmented it would take centuries to put me back together. You would never know half the sh*t I've been through, but just because I have the brightest smile in the room and don't talk about it, doesn't mean I haven't been through it.

Don't compare yourself to the "happier"/more "perfect" people, because nobody is. Don't wish you were someone else, because we're not all we seem. The grass always looks greener on the other side. You may think I'm the perfect person, but to someone else (possibly even me) you might be the perfect person. :smile:

so poetic man
Reply 83
Original post by Serine Soul
Ooh, exciting :awesome: For post grad?

I just re read your post and I misunderstood it. The people I have in mind literally turned down Oxbridge :cry:

For a PhD.

They go to Harvard?
Such people don't exist IMO.

Can you give us an example?
Original post by Josb
For a PhD.

They go to Harvard?

Leeds and Manchester aha
Original post by Josb
For a PhD.

They go to Harvard?

Ah, that explains it...

Which subject?
Yeah, I know one 'perfect' person
Reply 88
Original post by hater1324
yeh thought you looked retarded

listen hater, that was AS, i resat and got A's
Original post by Most Competitive
Such people don't exist IMO.

Can you give us an example?

This guy in my year. Hot, perfect grades at more than one area of subjects, sings, plays instruments, top player in football and rugby mini leagues, from a well off and hugely supportive family, nice social life, equally 'perfect' girlfriend. Passed his driving test lately too :colonhash:

Honestly :lol:
Original post by mkap
listen hater, that was AS, i resat and got A's

haha had to resit
Original post by Ayyylmaoo
Most of the people who I know that fit this category secretely work away in their spare time and pretend not to work for fear of being labelled.

I don't know why people do this to be honest.
I'd rather be labelled as a 'hard worker' than a naturally gifted person. I do correct people actually when they say 'You don't have to try' or 'You're intelligent' or whatever. I say I just work hard.

I believe there's very little variance on average in natural intelligence, and the hard work is what gets people good grades. They should be proud of the hard work, not the grades, especially people who struggle with school.
Reply 92
Leeds and Manchester aha

They turned down Oxbridge for Manchester?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Ah, that explains it...

Which subject?

History.
This guy in my year. Hot, perfect grades at more than one area of subjects, sings, plays instruments, top player in football and rugby mini leagues, from a well off and hugely supportive family, nice social life, equally 'perfect' girlfriend. Passed his driving test lately too :colonhash:

Honestly :lol:

he's not perfect though lol

hottest ever?

does he go beyond the syllabus at all or just take what's spoonfed to him?

does he sing well/play well/write his own stuff which is good?

why only mini leagues?

who cares about his family?

wow a driving test
The way it looks is always different than the way it really is. For instance, I never share anything that would make me look bad in front of someone else, so everybody thinks that I don't have any problems or insecurities. Actually, people that look perfect on the outside are the most emotionally messed up ones.
Reply 95
haha had to resit

yeah due to circumstances, stop being such a hater :frown:
Original post by mkap
yeah due to circumstances, stop being such a hater :frown:

sorry mkap :frown:
Reply 97
sorry mkap :frown:

its okay hater1324, im very forgiving :smile:
Original post by mkap