The Student Room Group

Applying for physics course without physics a level

Okay basically, I really regret dropping physics halfway through last year as I wasn't getting on with the exam board as I'm now seriously considering a career in physics. I'm doing my A2s now but I haven't applied this year and I am taking a gap year. If I were to sit AS and A2 physics during my gap year and got an A or better, would I receive offers for physics on the condition I achieved a good grade on results day 2017?
Reply 1
Original post by Swag god
Okay basically, I really regret dropping physics halfway through last year as I wasn't getting on with the exam board as I'm now seriously considering a career in physics. I'm doing my A2s now but I haven't applied this year and I am taking a gap year. If I were to sit AS and A2 physics during my gap year and got an A or better, would I receive offers for physics on the condition I achieved a good grade on results day 2017?

I was in your exact situation last year!

Last year, I didn't apply either. I'm currently on my gap year, taking AS and A2 Physics. My teacher has predicted me an A (there isn't much evidence to go from so my GCSE Physics and A level Maths grades were taken into consideration). With that I applied for Mathematics and Physics.

I got 5/5 RG offers so clearly it's totally fine to take a gap year for Physics!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by smartsy
I was in your exact situation last year!

Last year, I didn't apply either. I'm currently on my gap year, taking AS and A2 Physics. My teacher has predicted me an A (there isn't much evidence to go from so my GCSE Physics and A level Maths grades were taken into consideration). With that I applied for Mathematics and Physics.

I got 5/5 RG offers so clearly it's totally fine to take a gap year for Physics!

Good luck :smile:

Thank you so much this is so great to hear! Was really worrying I wouldn't be able to do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending