The Student Room Group

Cardiff University - Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging

Has anyone else been invited for an interview at Cardiff University for the 18th of December?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morningstar49
Has anyone else been invited for an interview at Cardiff University for the 18th of December?

I did! The MMI interview right?
Original post by cutiekitten13
I did! The MMI interview right?

Oh good, have you already had your interview or are you going for the one that I'm going to? Yeeep that's right, I'm literally so stressed about it because I don't know what to expect and plus, Cardiff is where I really want to go.
Oh good, have you already had your interview or are you going for the one that I'm going to? Yeeep that's right, I'm literally so stressed about it because I don't know what to expect and plus, Cardiff is where I really want to go.

No I haven't had mine yet I have it on the 18th same time as you. Super stressed and totally not ready. Depending on offer could be my first or insurance choice.
(edited 8 years ago)
No I haven't had mine yet I have it on the 18th same time as you. Super stressed and totally not ready. Depending on offer could be my first or insurance choice.

Oh I see, I'll be seeing you soon then! Yea so am I.. I have had normal interviews done before but this one is a MMI which I've never come across before.
Oh I see, I'll be seeing you soon then! Yea so am I.. I have had normal interviews done before but this one is a MMI which I've never come across before.

Yeah hope to see you there , can i ask what subjects you're doing and yiur predicted grades.
Yeah hope to see you there , can i ask what subjects you're doing and yiur predicted grades.

Yeep can't wait! Yea sure, I am doing a BTEC in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. My predicted grades are D*, D*, D*. What about you?

I'm a first year in Cardiff doing d.radiography so any questions about the interviews or course I'd be more than happy to help :biggrin: I was feeling the same last year as it was my first choice and I really wanted to get in. They make you feel comfortable, the lecturers are so lovely and it's more of an informal chat than an actual interview so it's easy to feel at ease when you get there
Original post by abbalarr95
I'm a first year in Cardiff doing d.radiography so any questions about the interviews or course I'd be more than happy to help :biggrin: I was feeling the same last year as it was my first choice and I really wanted to get in. They make you feel comfortable, the lecturers are so lovely and it's more of an informal chat than an actual interview so it's easy to feel at ease when you get there

What is the actual lay out of the interview because they said it would be 2hours long i'm i going to be in an MMI the entire time or will an informal interview follow? Btw congrats and how is the course going for you thus far. Also what other Unis did you apply for and get offers for. Sorry for the loaded question (s).
What is the actual lay out of the interview because they said it would be 2hours long i'm i going to be in an MMI the entire time or will an informal interview follow? Btw congrats and how is the course going for you thus far. Also what other Unis did you apply for and get offers for. Sorry for the loaded question (s).

We had to watch a powerpoint that just says what hospitals you'll be going to etc and then they'll call groups to have interviews. I don't think I was there for 2 hours but I was the first group to be called for the interviews so it depends on what group you're in for how long you're there. (what's MMI sorry?:s-smilie:) Thank you, it's going great, we've just finished our first month on placement so I'm loving it so far. I applied to Bangor, Derby, UWE and Leeds - had interviews and offers from all but Leeds. I like questions so it's fine aha:biggrin:
We had to watch a powerpoint that just says what hospitals you'll be going to etc and then they'll call groups to have interviews. I don't think I was there for 2 hours but I was the first group to be called for the interviews so it depends on what group you're in for how long you're there. (what's MMI sorry?:s-smilie:) Thank you, it's going great, we've just finished our first month on placement so I'm loving it so far. I applied to Bangor, Derby, UWE and Leeds - had interviews and offers from all but Leeds. I like questions so it's fine aha:biggrin:

An MMI interview is a multi mini intervew were your interview will be split into stations each station an interview is there with a question or a scenario to ask you you have 1 min or 2 min to consider the answer and then 8 min to convey your answer to the interview after the 10 min are up you move onto a different statios so it seems to me you had a group interview seems like they changed it up a bit this year. But that seems cool I applied for UWE, CARDIFF obvs,EXETER,BCU and ST GEORGE'S UNI LONDON. Sorry about caps thought it would be fun to use lol i'm weird.
An MMI interview is a multi mini intervew were your interview will be split into stations each station an interview is there with a question or a scenario to ask you you have 1 min or 2 min to consider the answer and then 8 min to convey your answer to the interview after the 10 min are up you move onto a different statios so it seems to me you had a group interview seems like they changed it up a bit this year. But that seems cool I applied for UWE, CARDIFF obvs,EXETER,BCU and ST GEORGE'S UNI LONDON. Sorry about caps thought it would be fun to use lol i'm weird.

I didn't do any MMI's at any of my interview's last year. They must have changed it if they're doing them this year then. I would have loved to have gone to Exeter! Loved it so much at the open day. You been on any open days?
I didn't do any MMI's at any of my interview's last year. They must have changed it if they're doing them this year then. I would have loved to have gone to Exeter! Loved it so much at the open day. You been on any open days?

No unfortunatly but i know they do offer holder days (i'm praying) i've heard so many awesome things about it a friend of mine's older sister goes there and she is having the time of her life lucky biatch. Anywho if and only if i do get an offer i would deffo consider going there but hey cardiff is pretty awesome to.
No unfortunatly but i know they do offer holder days (i'm praying) i've heard so many awesome things about it a friend of mine's older sister goes there and she is having the time of her life lucky biatch. Anywho if and only if i do get an offer i would deffo consider going there but hey cardiff is pretty awesome to.

They didn't do one of those for us, only for the nursing students. Which is your first choice?
They didn't do one of those for us, only for the nursing students. Which is your first choice?

Honestly it depends on the offer ie. If cardiff gives me BBB and Exeter ABB then cardiff.
Reply 15

my interview is the 18 jan what sort of questions do they ask
Original post by _didja18
my interview is the 18 jan what sort of questions do they ask

That's the day of my ospe exam so I might end up seeing you in the building!

It's hard to say as my interview seemed to be different to others on the course that I've spoken to about it..
The one I had, they asked a lot about my personal statement and then said things like, "we're looking for someone who is X, give us an example of a time you have been X". My advice would be to know why you want to do radiography (and not radiotherapy), know your personal statement, and to know what they look for in student radiographers and how you can prove you have those qualities (examples of times you've been caring, a team player etc) :smile:
From reading what people's Cardiff interviews have been like this year, I'm pretty sure they change the interviews every year.. You need to remember that they're not looking to trick you or catch you out, they want you on the course! So try to stay calm for those 5/10 mins you're being interviewed:biggrin:

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
That's the day of my ospe exam so I might end up seeing you in the building!

It's hard to say as my interview seemed to be different to others on the course that I've spoken to about it..
The one I had, they asked a lot about my personal statement and then said things like, "we're looking for someone who is X, give us an example of a time you have been X". My advice would be to know why you want to do radiography (and not radiotherapy), know your personal statement, and to know what they look for in student radiographers and how you can prove you have those qualities (examples of times you've been caring, a team player etc) :smile:
From reading what people's Cardiff interviews have been like this year, I'm pretty sure they change the interviews every year.. You need to remember that they're not looking to trick you or catch you out, they want you on the course! So try to stay calm for those 5/10 mins you're being interviewed:biggrin:

Good luck!

oh really yea we might see each other lol
thank you that helps a lot I will write some notes down on those sorts of questions. trying not to think about it otherwise I'm going to panic even more. yes I think they do change it I think this is the first year they are doing MMI interviews so no one really knows much about it.

thanks again and good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 18
Has anyone heard anything offers wise off Cardiff? I went for my interview mid-January and I'm starting to get impatient haha! I know they said we might not hear until the end of march but just curious as to if anyone else has heard :smile:
Reply 19
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had an offer off Cardiff yet? Seems to be taking ages!

Quick Reply

Latest