The Student Room Group

What age will you be ready to have a baby?

Scroll to see replies

Only once I finish all my education (at least a BA and an MA, maybe a PhD), and once I have a stable, well-paying job with which I can comfortably and safely provide for myself and my family. This would mean around the age of 28/29/30.

I think to do it any earlier and in lesser circumstances is just irresponsible, unsafe and potentially disastrous. I don't want to have any potential issues with finances or with anything of the sort. I see too many people who shouldn't have children have them, so I'm keen on being as responsible as possible and doing it the best that I and my future wife will be able to do.
Over 27-28
Reply 62
For me it would be 3-4 days after I'm cremated 😎
Original post by National Grid
mid 30s for men and early/mid 30s for women

by then you're likely to be earning enough that raising a family is realistic, and you would had enough time to be young and wild and crazy (and are probably getting bored of it), plus this is also when you start feeling yourself getting older, so makes sense to reinvigorate your life with the adventure of children

Perhaps, but waiting until your mid-early thirties not only decreases the chance of pregnancy each month but also increases the likelihood of only having one child. Women wanting 3+ kids should ideally start trying in their twenties
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
I'll just never be mature enough to be a good father (I'd try but they'd have a very warped sense of humour :tongue:)

Nothing wrong with that :h:
We're all capable of being good parents
If I could, I would have children in my late 30's/early 40's. But since I'm female, I would settle for early 30's.
Reply 66
Original post by cherryred90s
Nothing wrong with that :h:
We're all capable of being good parents

Haha OK

Posted from TSR Mobile
30 - I always said in my teens.

Had my son at 22 and I'm a lone parent. I was terrified at first but when you're actually faced with it, you deal. I can't say I've ever really struggled financially but I know a lot of young parents do. I'm glad I had mine young now, I don't want any more children so I can now focus on career/education.
Original post by National Grid
lol at people saying some time in their 20s, and even those saying early 30s.

In their 20s most people will still be making f*** all salary wise, and they'll be saddled with student loans too. If you try to start a family then you are going to have a bad time

How is that the case? Having children in my late 20s would be later than my parents and by early 30s, later than anyone In my family.

I don't even know anyone who has kids in their 40s wtf, doesn't the risk of problems massively increase if you have kids that late.

How is it lol to have children so stupidly late? You'd be retired by the time your kid has their first proper job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You become ready pretty quickly after your period doesn't show up! I was 22. I became a lot more motivated, confident and happy. I think my life is turning out better for having had a child but it's hard at times and I would have prefered to start a family from a better financial position.
Original post by cherryred90s
Perhaps, but waiting until your mid-early thirties not only decreases the chance of pregnancy each month but also increases the likelihood of only having one child. Women wanting 3+ kids should ideally start trying in their twenties

yeah, I wouldnt recommend starting mid 30s for women. They say you should ideally have a 5 year gap between kids (for financial reasons), and UK average is 2 children, so would probably expect a woman to have first kid 28-30 and second 33-35
When the baby is ready for you :headbang::hump2::hump::hugs:
Original post by Proxenus
When the baby is ready for you :headbang::hump2::hump::hugs:

You seriously never fail to impress.
I'm 27 and ready to settle down now (male) but realistically even if met a woman i deemed worthy to mother my children tomorrow i'd want to be with her and married first so early thirties. I'd probably want the mother of my children to be in her mid twenties since i want three.
Original post by donutellme
You seriously never fail to impress.

haha I just say the first things that come to my mind. bit immature but whatever :P
I had a dream where I met my future daughter and it felt real the toddler told me her name was Yasmin the name I actually thought of ☺️
Never in the foreseeable future, maybe when I'm 30 and I have nothing else to look forward to I'll consider it :rofl:
Reply 78
I'd rather be kicked to death by a camel in the desert
sin1(12)3\approx sin^{-1}(\frac{1}{2}) - 3

(put your calculator in degrees if you get -2.48 lmao)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending