The Student Room Group

University Application

Hi i recently applied for a course through the UCAS Extra and i received an offer back today that said :
"This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs"
Since it doesnt specify where else i need to get the 280 points from except the 2 a levels does this mean that the points from the AS levels i dropped last year can count towards the overall points?

Thanks in advance
Original post by Jonesba
Hi i recently applied for a course through the UCAS Extra and i received an offer back today that said :
"This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs"
Since it doesnt specify where else i need to get the 280 points from except the 2 a levels does this mean that the points from the AS levels i dropped last year can count towards the overall points?

Thanks in advance

If you have at least 280 points from 3 full A2s, e.g. BBC, AAE or even A*A* from 2 A levels, then the rest can come from any AS you have on top of that, yes.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think, though I'm not certain, it means
You need to get 280 points altogether from all your AS and A levels combined (not just the two subjects)
And you also need to pass 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs
Original post by sunnydespair
I think, though I'm not certain, it means
You need to get 280 points altogether from all your AS and A levels combined (not just the two subjects)
And you also need to pass 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs

No it doesn't. It means at least two full A levels (i.e. A2) must have been taken, and the points from them must equal 280. If there are still points to be made up, then and only then can he use dropped AS points to make up the total on top of those from A2.
Original post by Jonesba

Thanks in advance

What uni and course is that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending