The Student Room Group

If you had a nose like this person, would you get a NOSE JOB?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kickingstitches
I like her nose. its very similar to mine. :smile:

however, if you're paying for the surgery, ill have lipo instead please. :P

I'm taking a 7k loan to afford it lol.
Original post by Anonymous
But it's pointless, no matter what they say to me, I won't believe them anyway. There's no way they could convince me that I don't need improvements.

That's what some might call setting yourself up for failure. The problem with body image disorders is that it becomes easy to convince yourself that you'll be perfect after you've had surgeries X, Y, and Z, but you will most likely find some other perceived imperfection to obsess over after you've had them, which is why you need to treat the cause of the problem, rather than the symptom. :smile:
I'm taking a 7k loan to afford it lol.

I would strongly advise against this. :erm: You don't want to get into debt slavery for this.
Oh, so I haven't gone insane then! I also think that the nose just ruins her face a little bit.

I've had my nose done and it doesn't hurt one bit and I'm being dead seriously! After the surgery you may only get headaches but painkillers help :wink: Mine cost around £3000 to just get a rhinoplasty whereas it would cost £5000 to get it adjust completely. Thats if you're considering but overall her nose is perfect and I wish mine was like that before otherwise I would have never gotten a nose job. I got it recently but all pain and everything is gone and Im so happy!! :smile:
Reply 64
Its a lovely nose, theres absolutely nothing wrong with it!

If you think its bad, you should see mine!

Your surgeon would recommend a surgery whether you needed one or not, so don't take that advice to heart.

It may depend on how your nose suits the rest of your face, but lets be honest noses aren't exactly attractive things are they :tongue:
Find that hard to believe. Her nose is big and she kinda has a bulbous tip. Doesn't that bother anyone? My nose is really similar, maybe a tiny bit smaller and even the plastic surgeon agreed that I will benefit from the surgery. : (((((

Of course a plastic surgeon agreed you would 'benefit' for surgery - the're trying to sell it to you!!

My nose is similar and I'm certain that there is no problem with it!
Original post by Hydeman
I would strongly advise against this. :erm: You don't want to get into debt slavery for this.

I just think the result would be worth the money.
Original post by Ihonestlydk
I've had my nose done and it doesn't hurt one bit and I'm being dead seriously! After the surgery you may only get headaches but painkillers help :wink: Mine cost around £3000 to just get a rhinoplasty whereas it would cost £5000 to get it adjust completely. Thats if you're considering but overall her nose is perfect and I wish mine was like that before otherwise I would have never gotten a nose job. I got it recently but all pain and everything is gone and Im so happy!! :smile:

That's quite cheap, where did you get it done?
Nothing wrong with her nose

Even if you don't seek treatment for the body image problems (which I still think you should), I would still suggest that you try to save up for it rather than take out a loan, because you could easily regret this in a few years' time.

That's quite cheap, where did you get it done?

At a private clinic that is near my house in London, I'm honestly so happy and my nose was worse than the attached picture you have. I would pm you the results if I can about you're anon so I don't think it'll work. I'm honestly telling you that it does not hurt and you will feel nothing, you're asleep in the surgery and next thing you know you wake up with all bandages on your nose lol.

As long as you take painkillers because you'll get headaches every now and then- you should be fine after After 3-4 days you won't feel anything though you'll have bandages then after a week you'll go back to the clinic and they take out the tubes that are attached inside your nose and bandages along with your stitches and it hurts so much when they do this, after your nose will feel weird and numb for 1-2 months but overall the result is amazing! :smile:

I would recommend it if you really want to get it done, you get to speak to your surgeon too for the procedure or how you want it done but they take pictures and spend that whole day examining your pictures of your nose in order to give you the perfect nose.

Wish you the best though!
Original post by Hydeman
Even if you don't seek treatment for the body image problems (which I still think you should), I would still suggest that you try to save up for it rather than take out a loan, because you could easily regret this in a few years' time.

OP is spending money on something that will stay with them for a lifetime and something that will make them happy :smile: Instead of wasting £5000+ on stuff that aren't necessary after, I guess? :smile:
OP is spending money on something that will stay with them for a lifetime and something that will make them happy :smile: Instead of wasting £5000+ on stuff that aren't necessary after, I guess? :smile:

Yes, but if you read the rest of the thread, you'd see that this isn't just a standalone issue. OP seems to have problems with body image that she doesn't think can be resolved by anything but plastic surgeries -- I may be wrong, but I think that she should see her GP before borrowing this much money to spend on plastic surgery which, I agree, can be very beneficial to a person's self-confidence in some cases.
Original post by Hydeman
Yes, but if you read the rest of the thread, you'd see that this isn't just a standalone issue. OP seems to have problems with body image that she doesn't think can be resolved by anything but plastic surgeries -- I may be wrong, but I think that she should see her GP before borrowing this much money to spend on plastic surgery which, I agree, can be very beneficial to a person's self-confidence in some cases.

I agree with your point about seeing the GP but I really doubt a rhinoplasty cost around £7k, I got mine for £3k and thats just fixing my nostrils and removing a bone from my nose. I had problems with body image and no matter how much I tried with creating this positive outlook on myself it wouldn't work so it came to conclusion that getting a rhinoplasty was the best option for fixing this. Overall I still agree with your point.
How is this going to actually benefit you?
Original post by leavingthecity
How is this going to actually benefit you?

lifetime :smile:
Find that hard to believe. Her nose is big and she kinda has a bulbous tip. Doesn't that bother anyone? My nose is really similar, maybe a tiny bit smaller and even the plastic surgeon agreed that I will benefit from the surgery. : (((((

Well if you would be paying for it then they would say that wouldn't they?
I don't mean this in the "I get what the flaw is but don't see it as a problem" sort of way: can somebody tell me what I am meant to be seeing that is wrong? Srs.
lifetime :smile:

That's not a benefit, it's a quantity.
No, her nose is cute. I have a button nose too and I like it.
Original post by leavingthecity
That's not a benefit, it's a quantity.

It will benefit the OP by being more confident of themselves and presenting a different image of themselves :smile: Sorry I read your question wrong I thought you said "How long" my mistake :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest