The Student Room Group

A guy has a crush on me, we are classmates, how do I make him stop crushing on me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emilia1320
So, there is this guy who asked me to be his physics tutor some time ago. We spent a lot of time together regarding that, we got along pretty well and generally it was fun.

However, now he said he likes me as other than a friend, has liked for long time, and that he asked me to be his tutor not because he cares about his physics grade but because he likes me.
I'm confused, and also a bit sad that he wasted my time like that, I really did my best as tutor and spent long time making him detailed notes.

I care about him too, but I don't have time for a relationship. However I want to be friends with him. If I reject him will he stop hanging out with me all together? Is there some way to make his feelings "friend love" instead of "crush"?

Didn't he ever behave differently around u?..

I think it's ganna be hard for him to be just friends unless he moves on

I think u should remain distanced
So, there is this guy who asked me to be his physics tutor some time ago. We spent a lot of time together regarding that, we got along pretty well and generally it was fun.

However, now he said he likes me as other than a friend, has liked for long time, and that he asked me to be his tutor not because he cares about his physics grade but because he likes me.
I'm confused, and also a bit sad that he wasted my time like that, I really did my best as tutor and spent long time making him detailed notes.

I care about him too, but I don't have time for a relationship. However I want to be friends with him. If I reject him will he stop hanging out with me all together? Is there some way to make his feelings "friend love" instead of "crush"?

Say that you like him like your brother

How on earth did you not get the hint?? Girls are quick to point out guys being oblivious but you're all just as bad lol.
Pretend to talk to another guy on the phone right in front of him.

You're welcome Emilia!
Reply 24
Original post by Sciatic
Oh sorry I didn't mean to ask or question what you think of others. Was just asking about you, most probably he'll ask why and only a good answer would satisfy him :smile:

Its just that relationships are consuming for an introvert like myself, and usually I get really attached really easily so if he ended up dumbing me I would feel devastated.

Basically its just that romantic feelings make me act irrational and I don't like the person I become when I'm in love,

Its already hard enough to keep my own feelings for him strictly platonic in this situation, if that makes sense.

Just tell him you only ever saw him as a friend and you have no time for a relationship.

"I like you as a friend. Nothing more."
Reply 27
As a guy who has had experience with falling for a girl, getting close to be told that they only want to be friends, I have to say its crushing. Nothing is worse that being put in the 'friend zone' for a guy. I'm going to be honest with you and say that its best to tell him the truth then distance yourself from him awhile. Its going to hurt him no matter what you do and the longer you leave this the worse it will get, its best to distance yourself from him so he can get over you otherwise continuing to be close to him will only hurt him. Trust me I've been through this.
Its just that relationships are consuming for an introvert like myself, and usually I get really attached really easily so if he ended up dumbing me I would feel devastated.

Basically its just that romantic feelings make me act irrational and I don't like the person I become when I'm in love,

Its already hard enough to keep my own feelings for him strictly platonic in this situation, if that makes sense.

You might regret getting rid of him in that case, don't panic, just tell him how you honestly feel, if he's a decent person he'll understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending