The Student Room Group

Completely humiliated myself in front of my crush

Today in work I tripped over in front of my crush, he is a guy, I am a guy, I’m closeted and I think he is straight because he has had a girlfriend. But I tripped right over my own mess in front of him and made the loudest bang, he asked if I’m ok and told me to be more careful. But never have I felt so embarrassed. I also can’t talk to him like my other colleagues because I like him so much. Have I made a fool of myself and is it normal to be like this?
I don't think tripping over is exactly "completely humiliating yourself"...I mean it's not like you had projectile diarrhoea or something :tongue:
Reply 2
This is minor embarrassment rather than total humiliation. Don’t worry
Reply 3
It just makes you human and will be quickly forgotten. Crushes on straight guys though are only going to lead to disappointment.
Reply 4
Original post by JackSan123
It just makes you human and will be quickly forgotten. Crushes on straight guys though are only going to lead to disappointment.

how do I stop crushing over him, I don’t want to keep looking at him then looking away when he see’s, My biggest hope is he could be bi but it’s highly unlikely. He gives off no gay vibes whatsoever and he is super shy, I hate crushes ahaha
Reply 5
These things happen, a trip or fall and its mortifying when its in front of people. Will soon be forgotten about. As for the crush, its worse because its not going to be given in return as hes got a partner already.
Its not easy, but I know there will be other crushes as time goes on, and you just got to remind yourself that there are plenty of fish in the sea as they say that are worth your time and crush on you back 🙂
Original post by Anonymous #1
Today in work I tripped over in front of my crush, he is a guy, I am a guy, I’m closeted and I think he is straight because he has had a girlfriend. But I tripped right over my own mess in front of him and made the loudest bang, he asked if I’m ok and told me to be more careful. But never have I felt so embarrassed. I also can’t talk to him like my other colleagues because I like him so much. Have I made a fool of myself and is it normal to be like this?

S**t happens, don't stress it.

The worst thing you can do is make a big deal out of it. Maybe make a joke or a light-hearted comment about it when you see him next.
Original post by JackSan123

Well I'm not gay, myself... but isn't it the same / similar thing to having a crush on a celebrity, or an otherwise unobtainable person?

If he knows he's straight, as long as he's not deluded, I don't see why he just can't enjoy the crush (well maybe don't tell him exactly "how" he's enjoying it 😉 )

It'll pass in it's own time, as this sort of thing always does.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Ghostlady
These things happen, a trip or fall and its mortifying when its in front of people. Will soon be forgotten about. As for the crush, its worse because its not going to be given in return as hes got a partner already.
Its not easy, but I know there will be other crushes as time goes on, and you just got to remind yourself that there are plenty of fish in the sea as they say that are worth your time and crush on you back 🙂

He doesn’t have a girlfriend at the moment, but he has had one in the past, he is single now. Does this make it any more possible ahaha
Original post by Anonymous #1
He doesn’t have a girlfriend at the moment, but he has had one in the past, he is single now. Does this make it any more possible ahaha

If he's (truly) straight, then no.

Still you can always dream (just remember to clean up afterwards 😉 )
If he's straight you have no chance even if he's single. Let's face it it's unlikely he's bi and even if he were doesn't automatically mean he'd be attracted to you just as I assume you're not turned on by every guy you see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending