The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

He's a just a **** rashford
Original post by jam277
Quite jokes that Chelsea basically have been in title winning form since the turn of the year in this league and were relegation battlers earlier in the season.

Anyway thoughts on Kane getting his 20th this season in early March considering you were doubting him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
#BTSportOut
If we beat west brom then one can dream
BT Sport is a terrible platform considering its parent company is a telecommunications giant. Its just embarrassing how they can't seem to get an App that works or a channel than can reliably broadcast.

If we can beat West Brom, that would firmly put is back in this top 4 race. Title race is too far away, but a maximum of 5 points on 3 different teams in the top 4, if we play like we deserve it, we''ll get it with this many games left. Hopefully get some luck with injuries because we'll need some strong teams with the Europa, FA and then our start of April time fixtures.
Original post by Dirtybit
He's a just a **** rashford

That sig doe

I ****ing hate everton the perpetual bottlers.
Original post by Mo De Lemone
I ****ing hate everton the perpetual bottlers.

they got a red card tbf....

West Ham have been looking even better with Payet back in the team!
The players simply have to deliver tomorrow to keep us in the top 4 race. Win tomorrow and we'll put a lot of pressure on Arsenal and City (even though they have a game in hand).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mahrez is the ****ing man
Original post by trapking
Thats a bit like saying since Romero was playing very well for us we must start him and let DDG displace him...

If you have a better player then youre obviously not going to let an inexperienced teenager take his place completely will you?

there is a huge amount of difference between De Gea and Valencia mind you, one is our best player whilst one is a squad player, its a ridiculous comparison in my opinion :tongue:

Varela is not a teenager, he's 22 and has taken his chance well and he should keep his spot in the team, and there's an argument that Varela > Valencia, without him I don't think we'd have beaten Arsenal.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
there is a huge amount of difference between De Gea and Valencia mind you, one is our best player whilst one is a squad player, its a ridiculous comparison in my opinion :tongue:

Varela is not a teenager, he's 22 and has taken his chance well and he should keep his spot in the team, and there's an argument that Varela > Valencia, without him I don't think we'd have beaten Arsenal.

My argument had nothing to do with beating teams though.

It's a bit of skewed logic. Sure he's been playing well but if our more experienced squad players return from injury fully fit then obviously they will be taken as a priority for that position. For example Luke Shaw coming back in place of Jackson (of courss he will have to build up fitness but yeah you get my point).
Original post by Bodeans
Anyway thoughts on Kane getting his 20th this season in early March considering you were doubting him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did i doubt him?
Original post by trapking
My argument had nothing to do with beating teams though.

It's a bit of skewed logic. Sure he's been playing well but if our more experienced squad players return from injury fully fit then obviously they will be taken as a priority for that position. For example Luke Shaw coming back in place of Jackson (of courss he will have to build up fitness but yeah you get my point).

Even if our most experienced players are worse than the less experienced ones?
Experience is not more important than quality. It's a nice bonus but quality is what's more crucial. I'm sure you, like most people, think Varela > Valenica. But are you saying that you're going to put Valencia back into the team just because he has more experience whilst admitting he's not as good as Varela? Do you think experience is more important than quality?

With regards to Luke Shaw, I agree that he should be returning to first team football because we've seen how good he is. CBJ or any of the other competitors for the LB spot have not shown greater quality than Shaw has when he played. But I'm not saying this because he's got more experience, but that he's got more quality.
Was way more confident against Arsenal than I am today weirdly.. this is exactly the type of fixture we mess up in. But we seriously have to get all 3 points if we're to keep the bit of hope for top 4 alive.

I'd go with the same team but Smalling in for Blind who has played nearly every minute this season (which is mental) and looked shattered on Wednesday. Timothy deserves to start again. Varela is doing too good to be dropped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-resigned-manchester-united-7499916

Very interesting read. Pretty sure people wouldnt be that happy if Giggs took over.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's the mirror, I wouldn't really pay attention to that. Its probably more media bull**** being fed by Mendes possibly to put United under pressure to make a decision.

Or it could be that no body knows what's going on and papers just saying anything. After all, United do sell papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some **** sauce m8
Believing the Mirror. Jesus Christ.

The idiot that wrote it said Mourinho was a done deal about a month ago. Infuriates me how much attention this is getting. Embarrassing paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101
Believing the Mirror. Jesus Christ.

The idiot that wrote it said Mourinho was a done deal about a month ago. Infuriates me how much attention this is getting. Embarrassing paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is Timboo starting today?

Latest