The Student Room Group

I'm a Muslim girl I don't want to fall for him ( non muslim) advice?

Deep inside I don't think i'm falling for him , but I've started analysing little things such as him laughing for no reason, staring at me etc.

Should I be his friend or stay away from him as I'm confused whether he's after friendship or

Scroll to see replies

Why is it so wrong for a muslim to date a non-muslim? Will you fall away from your faith, if you date him?
Reply 2
Original post by Supersaps
Why is it so wrong for a muslim to date a non-muslim? Will you fall away from your faith, if you date him?

We're not allowed to date at all tbh.

Original post by tutorscience
Be a non-Muslim.

Wow! Just the advice I needed THANKS! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Ok. But why? What's the actual reasoning behind this belief?

I don't want to be patronising but following a rule for no reason is strange. What's the reasoning behind the belief and what makes you think those reasons apply to you in your individual circumstances?
Reply 4
Don't allow your religion to control you.
Reply 5
Ok. But why? What's the actual reasoning behind this belief?

I don't want to be patronising but following a rule for no reason is strange. What's the reasoning behind the belief and what makes you think those reasons apply to you in your individual circumstances?

Guys just date girls, they're never serious about them. All they want is the one thing the girls V.
I've seen so many cases.

Original post by Talon

Tbh even if religion wasn't there, deep inside I wouldn't date him.
Original post by Anonymous
Guys just date girls, they're never serious about them. All they want is the one thing the girls V.
I've seen so many cases.

If this is true, how does anyone fall in love? It may be true in most cases - but heres the critical point - Is it true in your situation?

Fair enough if you don't want to date him. No need to bring religion into it at all then!
Reply 7

Tbh even if religion wasn't there, deep inside I wouldn't date him.
Then surely you have no problem?

I've seen so many cases.

Now you have seriously pissed me off. Who the hell do you think you are? That is ridiculously untrue. Some men do that and so do some women - it is not universal.
Reply 8
If this is true, how does anyone fall in love? It may be true in most cases - but heres the critical point - Is it true in your situation?

Fair enough if you don't want to date him. No need to bring religion into it at all then!

TBH I don't know how they "fall" in "love". Do they even fall in love at all? Depends on their mentality, and emotions I suppose.
In my situation the guy doesn't seem like a player, BUT he doesn't do anything about it neither. He's playing games. Stares, butts in convro, helps me, giggles for no reason etc. I tend to get the impression he's crushing, but I could be wrong. I feel like asking him so I can get it outa my head and not feel weird/ paranoid, but he might assume I like him back.
Reply 9
Original post by Talon
Then surely you have no problem?

He makes it seem like he's crushing, but he might not be

Now you have seriously pissed me off. Who the hell do you think you are? That is ridiculously untrue. Some men do that and so do some women - it is not universal.

LOL it is true! Well in some/ most cases anyways. Okay, but I believe it's usually the guys who do that
Reply 10
LOL it is true!

As a male I can confidently say it is not true.
What do you mean do they fall in love? Of course people fall in love! How do you think the world continues? What's the point of getting out of bed in the morning without love?
Original post by talon
as a male i can confidently say it is not true.

in your situation it may not be, but you can't talk for the other dudes!

Original post by supersaps
what do you mean do they fall in love? Of course people fall in love! How do you think the world continues? What's the point of getting out of bed in the morning without love?

what should i do in my scenrio
Please don't talk to non Muslims ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tutorscience
Be a non-Muslim.

Original post by Talon

I think you should talk about it to your parents and family not here. just remember that they were the ones that raised you up and wouldn't it be completely stupid to do something that you know ill hurt them. Other people from other religions aren't going to know how you feel because they don't have the same beliefs. You should think about what you are doing because not only could it affect your life hugely but also what your family thinks of you. I did something similar in the past and it took me 3 years to gain back my parents and my families trust. I am just so glad that they forgave me because that is what family does. They forgive and forget. So talk to them not us!
I hope this helps and hope that you follow the right path, because that is what every muslim desires in life.
Don't do something that you know you'll regret in the future. You never know if you refrain from doing this, youll end up with someone just as amazing in the future. If you really do think he's the one then, I would say ask your parents because Islam doesn't say not to love someone or care about someone or 'date people' it says to be careful in life and it also says to never go against what your parents say. Hence just ask them :smile:
Think about the big picture. Then what you should do in your situation will be obvious to you. No one can tell you what to do in your situation! You've got to live your own life.

Your attitude to love/dating seems to be quite negative. Is that justified in every scenario or do you have to consider each one on its own merits? Yes, there are bad experiences of dating. There are also good ones that end in marriage, babies and a happy life.
I think you should talk about it to your parents and family not here. just remember that they were the ones that raised you up and wouldn't it be completely stupid to do something that you know ill hurt them. Other people from other religions aren't going to know how you feel because they don't have the same beliefs. You should think about what you are doing because not only could it affect your life hugely but also what your family thinks of you. I did something similar in the past and it took me 3 years to gain back my parents and my families trust. I am just so glad that they forgave me because that is what family does. They forgive and forget. So talk to them not us!

Don't do something that you know you'll regret in the future. You never know if you refrain from doing this, youll end up with someone just as amazing in the future. If you really do think he's the one then, I would say ask your parents because Islam doesn't say not to love someone or care about someone or 'date people' it says to be careful in life and it also says to never go against what your parents say. Hence just ask them :smile:

Why anonymous? Put a name to your beliefs if you really believe them. Why do you think this is a question only for Muslims?
Reply 17
As a Muslim, do the right thing and stay away from him.

I'm sure you're wise enough to know what the rulings are on dating or forming friendships with males in Islam.

Insha Allah you'll do the right thing :smile:
Reply 18
Deep inside I don't think i'm falling for him , but I've started analysing little things such as him laughing for no reason, staring at me etc.

Should I be his friend or stay away from him as I'm confused whether he's after friendship or

I'm not even Muslim anymore but you know male and females can't be friends in Islam? So, if you really want to follow your religion don't talk to him.

...or re-think why you follow it.
Original post by Talon

Wtf ? Religion is a way of life, you choose to follow it therefore abide by the rules. That was stupidest thing I've read

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending