Same 😁😁😁

I'm there too tomorrow ) xx
Original post by Millie_09
Yeah I'm still waiting, also had mine early Jan x

I'm still waiting too
Original post by paediatric84
I'm there too tomorrow ) xx

Where else have you applied? I had a Salford one last week xx

Not feeling nervous! Yet! Haha xx it's such a long day isn't It!
Original post by SparklyToes
Where else have you applied? I had a Salford one last week xx

Not feeling nervous! Yet! Haha xx it's such a long day isn't It!

Applied to Salford, uclan, Manchester, edge hill and ljmu. Have a place and I'm in ljmu reserves. Yes. It's a long day, grateful there is no tests though xx
Applied to Salford, uclan, Manchester, edge hill and ljmu. Have a place and I'm in ljmu reserves. Yes. It's a long day, grateful there is no tests though xx

Yes definitely know what you mean about the tests! Xx where have offered you a place? Iv only applied to Salford an Manchester as there my local ones xx
[QUOTE="SparklyToes;63280613"]Yes definitely know what you mean about the tests! Xx where have offered you a place? Iv only applied to Salford an Manchester as there my local ones xx[/QUOTE
Uclan....Manchester is my first choice ideally though. Xx
Yes definitely know what you mean about the tests! Xx where have offered you a place? Iv only applied to Salford an Manchester as there my local ones xx

Why are you currently studying? I'm doing an access course xx
Why are you currently studying? I'm doing an access course xx

Iv done some credits through open university! I applied 8 years ago and didn't get in an have since become a childminder and had my own kids so now there getting a bit older I'm giving it another go! Xx

I think Manchester would be my first choice as they have good holidays and good placements xxx
Iv done some credits through open university! I applied 8 years ago and didn't get in an have since become a childminder and had my own kids so now there getting a bit older I'm giving it another go! Xx

I think Manchester would be my first choice as they have good holidays and good placements xxx

Good on you trying again,You have done well to get an interview as its so competitive. People in my college class were turned down months ago based on personal statements by Manchester, so to get an interview is an achievement in itself. (That's what I'm telling myself anyway) lol xx
Good on you trying again,You have done well to get an interview as its so competitive. People in my college class were turned down months ago based on personal statements by Manchester, so to get an interview is an achievement in itself. (That's what I'm telling myself anyway) lol xx

It really is! There was a few people at Salford last week who got turned down from their personal statement! It's so competitive! Xx
How did everyone's Manchester interviews go today? X
How did everyone's Manchester interviews go today? X

Hey, mine went ok, but I feel like I could of answered one question in a better way? There didn't seem many access students. A lot of young ones. Where were you sat? How do you feel yours went and any idea when we should know? Iv heard they are pretty quick xx
Hey, mine went ok, but I feel like I could of answered one question in a better way? There didn't seem many access students. A lot of young ones. Where were you sat? How do you feel yours went and any idea when we should know? Iv heard they are pretty quick xx

Within a week! I was about 7 rows back! I felt the day dragged on an a lot of waiting around for a 5 minute chat 😂

I felt it went ok but you just never know! Got home to a rejection from Salford! Although after today I don't think I liked Salford anyway as the holidays don't match the kids school whereas manchesters do x
Within a week! I was about 7 rows back! I felt the day dragged on an a lot of waiting around for a 5 minute chat 😂

I felt it went ok but you just never know! Got home to a rejection from Salford! Although after today I don't think I liked Salford anyway as the holidays don't match the kids school whereas manchesters do x

Ah I was about 5 rows back, I was the one with the long blondish hair in a grey dress, with a black blazer on. I asked the question as to how the students found the academic work.
Sorry to hear about Salford but it's so very competitive, the best sometimes get a rejection. Fingers crossed for you. Xx

Who interviewed you? I had Ann foley the senior lecturer and one other. Was quite nervous x
Who interviewed you? I had Ann foley the senior lecturer and one other. Was quite nervous x

I can't remember her name! She was blonde about 40ish, an had another tutor with her.

Yeah I'm not too fussed about Salford as I wasn't overly keen on it, really hoping I get a place at Manchester though xx
I can't remember her name! She was blonde about 40ish, an had another tutor with her.

Yeah I'm not too fussed about Salford as I wasn't overly keen on it, really hoping I get a place at Manchester though xx

Fingers crossed for you, thinking about it I probably tried too hard. Kicking myself for some of the things I said, I could of chosen better examples xx
Original post by katienursing2015
Got an interview for the uni of Manchester next month and on reserve for ljmu 😫. Would love it if I got into Salford because the placements are good for me! What about you?

Hi, I've got an offer for Manchester and I'm waiting for salfords reply, but I don't know which I would choose if I got an offer for both... Why would you say Salford is better?
Original post by Aimeelouiseh
Hi, I've got an offer for Manchester and I'm waiting for salfords reply, but I don't know which I would choose if I got an offer for both... Why would you say Salford is better?

I just didn't like Salford for the holidays as it didn't suit my kids school timetables etc it was purely for practical reasons.
I'd say the main difference is that the workload at Salford is spread more evenly over the 3 years I think whereas Manchester they ease you in gently. And Manchester are split weeks so 3 days uni 2 days placement and Salford is in blocks so say 6 weeks uni 6 weeks placement.

How long did it take for Manchester to get back to you ? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending