The Student Room Group

Will an amazing body compensate for an ugly face?

Scroll to see replies

What's deemed as attractive is subjective. Which makes it difficult to measure imo
In my experience face is the most important.
That is a shame serah bc i have no heart :cry2:

Spoiler

I've been told I have a big heart.
I don't think so, if your ugly very little will help, if your average however then yes it can make a huge difference.
if you are in love then looks do not matter
If the face is ugly there's no chance, no matter how good the body is. If the face is meh (average) then an amazing body would make up for it. It would bring the girl as a whole to a maximum of 8.5/10 overall, I'd say.
Original post by luminarychild
Well,

that's me screwed

Don't be so hard on yourself!
I'm sure you're a real beaut:h::h:

Spoiler

I think this is possible for women because if they have an amazing body, they can use makeup to "fix" their face. Because makeup applied skilllfully can COMPLETELY transform your face.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to grow up and realise that attractiveness is great, but there is more to a person than their exterior. But tbh we don't ever make that distinction do we? a person is always "kind and beautiful" or "successful and beautiful", it's always added on at the back of another praise...
I read a 'study' (yeah, I'm that guy), which suggested that humans are predisposed to judge the face over any other aspect of the phenotype - supposedly a quick way to judge genetic superiority and compatability. Anecdotally, I can say that a great body would increase attractiveness but would not likely not make up for a terrible face. However, as someone said, an average face can be improved tremendously. Also as someone previously said, improving the physique increases confidence - this seems to be the predominant factor in attractiveness where men are concerned - I have known unnattractive guys with mediocre bodies but incredible levels of confidence getting women seemingly way above their station. Regardless, all we can do is make the best of ourselves - eat well, exercise, lift, improve social skills, gain confidence yada yada.
evil smh :colonhash:
at least i can buy it back tho :ahee:

heheh serah you are too cute :lol: even when you are talking about black market organ removal :rofl:
and ur avi is back :rave:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I think this is possible for women because if they have an amazing body, they can use makeup to "fix" their face. Because makeup applied skilllfully can COMPLETELY transform your face.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to grow up and realise that attractiveness is great, but there is more to a person than their exterior. But tbh we don't ever make that distinction do we? a person is always "kind and beautiful" or "successful and beautiful", it's always added on at the back of another praise...

Also, people are predisposed to make positive personality judgements based upon attractiveness i.e. better looking people are assumed to be more intelligent.
I really hope I don't have to rely on my face
Does this apply to people with advanced congestive heart failure who have enlarged hearts?
Original post by SleepPerchance
Also, people are predisposed to make positive personality judgements based upon attractiveness i.e. better looking people are assumed to be more intelligent.

Yeah I agree. It's subconscious a lot of the time.
Original post by Anonymous
Yesh, South Asian.

Yesh?
Hmm, I think I know who says that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NF5XU-k2Vk

Im male so im talking about females..

I guess it depends what your long term plan is?

If you just want to have sex with them then give me a hot body every time and if the looks arent that good,well so be it.
I dont particularly find fat girls attractive so a really pretty fat girl wouldnt appeal and i wouldnt want to get sexually active with her.

Long term relationships,,well there is a bit more to them than good looks/fit body.
Original post by Blondie987
I really hope I don't have to rely on my face

Aww, no Blondie you must be so pretty! xxx :hugs:
I didn't make you my girl crush for no reason, I know you're pretty as well as such a nice person :h:
Original post by Eternalflames
Aww, no Blondie you must be so pretty! xxx :hugs:
I didn't make you my girl crush for no reason, I know you're pretty as well as such a nice person :h:

I'm really not but thank you! I'm sure you're super pretty and you've got the personality to match! :biggrin:
Original post by Blondie987
I'm really not but thank you! I'm sure you're super pretty and you've got the personality to match! :biggrin:

Thank you lovely, but I'm sure you're pretty too :h: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending