The Student Room Group

Would you ever date somebody mentally ill?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 41b
Responding to someone offering relatively expert advice with abuse is a good way of prolonging your unnecessary condition.

Further, I suggest that you go off anti-depressants if you are on them because they cause permanent brain damage.

But you are not offering expert advice. You do not know me.

And if someone is on any medication for any condition then you should NEVER tell them to come off it. You are not their doctor. You don't know what it might do to them.
Reply 81
Original post by SmallTownGirl
But you are not offering expert advice. You do not know me.

And if someone is on any medication for any condition then you should NEVER tell them to come off it. You are not their doctor. You don't know what it might do to them.

You are irrelevant. The solution to depression is almost always the same. Look up my replies to Ciel's thread about her depression problems and see if my advice there is of any use to you, if you want a positive solution to your situation other than stuffing your brain full of artificial chemicals.
Never really thought about it; certainly a difficult question, but if I genuinely felt strongly towards them and romantically then yes I would.

Though if they had depression or some disorder which contains depressive episodes I would have to be cautious (as, and I don't mean to sound like a tumblr sjw here, it could trigger things for me) about whether I'd proceed or not.
Original post by DiddyDec
You can get over depression, it isn't a chronic illness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You make it sound like some minor medical problem, like someone whose just fallen over and grazed their knee.
Original post by Tiger Rag
You make it sound like some minor medical problem, like someone whose just fallen over and grazed their knee.

Interpret it however you like.
Reply 85
Nope, too much hassle.
Of course...

“I became insane after long intervals of horrible sanity.”― Edgar Allan Poe
Original post by DiddyDec
You can get over depression, it isn't a chronic illness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs369/en/

Yes, it is a chronic illness for some people.
Not knowingly.
Original post by 41b
Why don't you try eating a better (e.g. organic) diet and avoiding alcohol? These two are the biggest causes of depression.

Have you got a source for those claims?
Yes.

Although I recognise there would be difficulties in a relationship in which both have mental health problems, it'd be wrong of me to rule out someone based solely on that, particularly as I'd be expecting the same courtesy of someone else. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest