The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Big hugs hun. Remember that God is with you wherever you are as He lives in you and will be hugging you even now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks lovely, def needed reminding of that :redface:

:lovehug:
Please pray for someone I know who is going through drug addiction, he has been struggling a lot with it and he is going to a rehab soon. Hopefully, this will help him get to the cause behind his addiction.

I hope everyone here had a good day. Seemed to have gone by fast. Watching Game of Thrones, I just started watching it and I'm on season 2. lol
Original post by *Deidre*
Please pray for someone I know who is going through drug addiction, he has been struggling a lot with it and he is going to a rehab soon. Hopefully, this will help him get to the cause behind his addiction.

I hope everyone here had a good day. Seemed to have gone by fast. Watching Game of Thrones, I just started watching it and I'm on season 2. lol

Very sad to hear about your friend. I hope rehab helps him and that he's able to grapple with his inner demons and break free from the addiction. Praying! :sadnod:
Thank you so much! I have never done drugs, and can only imagine the pain he's in. ((hug))
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Very sad to hear about your friend. I hope rehab helps him and that he's able to grapple with his inner demons and break free from the addiction. Praying! :sadnod:
Thank you so much! I have never done drugs, and can only imagine the pain he's in. ((hug))

Yeah I've never done drugs either but I have a very addictive personality. That's why I avoid drugs and alcohol tbh - coz I know I'd get addicted very quickly and it would spiral out of control :sadnod:

Praying for your friend :yes:
Just stumbled upon this thread and it's safe to say that the GOD of Israel, not any other false arabian, indian or greek god, is truly the saviour of this world.

I realised this recently when I asked him to help my mother and grant me with admissions into Top Universities after stumbling a little at the beginning of my academic career.

I belong to Jesus, and nothing will ever change that.
Original post by wdkmwd
Just stumbled upon this thread and it's safe to say that the GOD of Israel, not any other false arabian, indian or greek god, is truly the saviour of this world.

I realised this recently when I asked him to help my mother and grant me with admissions into Top Universities after stumbling a little at the beginning of my academic career.

I belong to Jesus, and nothing will ever change that.

Welcome :smile:
Welcome :smile:

How do I join the society?
Original post by wdkmwd
How do I join the society?

There is a button you click somewhere but generally that doesn't matter - just post in the thread :biggrin:
bye.jpg
There is a button you click somewhere but generally that doesn't matter - just post in the thread :biggrin:

Alright.

GOD bless you.
Original post by wdkmwd
Alright.

GOD bless you.

God bless you too :biggrin:
Yeah I've never done drugs either but I have a very addictive personality. That's why I avoid drugs and alcohol tbh - coz I know I'd get addicted very quickly and it would spiral out of control :sadnod:

Praying for your friend :yes:

That's interesting, that you know that about yourself. I sometimes wonder that about myself too. I'm grateful that I've returned to faith because it keeps me grounded, the love of Jesus keeps me at peace and not seeking to escape stress in a bad way, you know? It's easy to do that, we are all human. :redface:
That's interesting, that you know that about yourself. I sometimes wonder that about myself too. I'm grateful that I've returned to faith because it keeps me grounded, the love of Jesus keeps me at peace and not seeking to escape stress in a bad way, you know? It's easy to do that, we are all human. :redface:

It's really great that your faith keeps you so grounded and away from bad habits that could get dangerous. I'm pleased you've returned to the faith too! :h:
today at church youth service weWatched a very inspring movie "Amazing Grace" story abt Wliiam Wilberforce and the abolishion of slave trade. i Wish I could follow the Bible as he did
Original post by Duke Glacia
today at church youth service weWatched a very inspring movie "Amazing Grace" story abt Wliiam Wilberforce and the abolishion of slave trade. i Wish I could follow the Bible as he did

I think the vast majority of us know and wish we could follow the Bible better, tbh :redface:

:hugs:
I think the vast majority of us know and wish we could follow the Bible better, tbh :redface:

:hugs:

Yeah, but i feel im getting far from God day by day. Got to make it a habit to read atleast one chapter a day(and not just psalms 117:tongue:)
If you are attending a Palm Sunday service, please think of me and say a prayer. Not well enough to go myself :cry2: Feel like I've failed Jesus :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are attending a Palm Sunday service, please think of me and say a prayer. Not well enough to go myself :cry2: Feel like I've failed Jesus :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it awesome that we have a God that still loves us regardless if our mistakes and failures?
Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Psalm 136:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, For His loving kindness is everlasting. Give thanks to the God of gods, For His loving kindness is everlasting.…

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever

2 Chronicles 5:13
The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: "He is good; his love endures forever."

Psalm 145:9
The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

God is good, not some of the time but all of the time:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending