The Student Room Group

Really bad headaches

My head is literally ABOUT TO EXPLODE :argh: I can't take this pain please someone help how do you cure a headache?

I've been getting them so much recently and it's SO BAD like it actually makes me want to throw up. I feel like there's a knife in my brain or something... it's like a dull pain but like every minute or so it will feel like stabbing (like right now).

Help :bawling:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
My head is literally ABOUT TO EXPLODE :argh: I can't take this pain please someone help how do you cure a headache?

I've been getting them so much recently and it's SO BAD like it actually makes me want to throw up. I feel like there's a knife in my brain or something... it's like a dull pain but like every minute or so it will feel like stabbing (like right now).

Help :bawling:

Migraine? Take some paracetamol and lie down in a completely dark room. Sleep is the only thing that sorts mine.

Also a cold flannel on your forehead or tiger balm which is mentholated ointment that helps - ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER APPLYING! Putting that in your eye is akin to rubbing your eye after cutting a chilli.
(edited 8 years ago)
Are you preparing for exams? It's probably stress, stay hydrated and try your best to distract form the pain and relax. If they continue speak to your gp, hope you feel better z33!
Drink water, perhaps you're dehydrated
Reply 4
@z33 it'll be your computing, rest is the only thing that properly fixes it.
perhaps thou shouldst read some of mine plays to ease the pain
I get those too :console:Maybe get your eyes tested.
Reply 7
Original post by Jennie1987
Migraine? Take some paracetamol and lie down in a completely dark room. Sleep is the only thing that sorts mine.Also a cold flannel on your forehead or tiger balm which is mentholated ointment that helps - ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER APPLYING! Putting that in your eye is akin to rubbing your eye after cutting a chilli.

I guess I just looked that up and the symptoms match. I know I've been getting them so much and they don't go until I fall asleep. But I have so much work to do! I'll try and rest for like 15 mins in the dark

Original post by Andy98
@z33 it'll be your computing, rest is the only thing that properly fixes it.

It's still not finished, and I really gotta get at least most of it done tonight!

Original post by Blondie987
Are you preparing for exams? It's probably stress, stay hydrated and try your best to distract form the pain and relax. If they continue speak to your gp, hope you feel better z33!

Coursework due very soon so probably stress. I'll drink a bunch of water. Thank you!!!

Original post by OddFuturez
Drink water, perhaps you're dehydrated

Alright will do!
Original post by Sheikhspeare 🎭
perhaps thou shouldst read some of mine plays to ease the pain

Bruh you made a mistake its not 'to ease the pain'
Its 'to ease thy pain'
Damn first time! I think I am also getting a headache, would never expect this from you Shakespeare. I trusted you!!! No, My f*ed Childhood is ruined!!!! :rip:
Ibuprofen helps mine more than anything else, and you can try a caffeinated drink to abort one (usually works better right at the beginning of one, but don't rely on caffeine too much as it can cause rebound headaches and make your problems worse). Sometimes sleeping it off is the only way.

I would also see a doctor, if you haven't already. They'll be able to diagnose the type of headache more accurately and offer you help especially if they're this severe.
Original post by z33
I guess I just looked that up and the symptoms match. I know I've been getting them so much and they don't go until I fall asleep. But I have so much work to do! I'll try and rest for like 15 mins in the dark

It's still not finished, and I really gotta get at least most of it done tonight!

Coursework due very soon so probably stress. I'll drink a bunch of water. Thank you!!!

Alright will do!

I know What happened!!!

Spoiler

Hugs help :hugs:

And as much as you don't wanna hear it, working on a computer will only make it worse... :closedeyes:
Reply 12
It could be a tumor
awwwww z :hugs: had a migrane once, it was horrible so you have my full sympathies :lovehug:
like other ppl have said, ibuprofen, water, sleep etc would be a good start x
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Bruh you made a mistake its not 'to ease the pain'
Its 'to ease thy pain'
Damn first time! I think I am also getting a headache, would never expect this from you Shakespeare. I trusted you!!! No, My f*ed Childhood is ruined!!!! :rip:

listen h're thou scurvy gull, i can sayeth whatev'r i wanteth, whenev'r i wanteth. Thou dareth questioneth sheikhspeare?
Original post by z33

Alright will do!

Yeah a migraine won't be cured by 15 minutes rest, once it takes hold it's your body telling you to stop. Is it due tomorrow? If not go to sleep now and just get up earlier.
Think everyones covered headache due to stress. Make sure youve eaten soemthing today plus the hydration, then painkillers of choice plus sleep.
If you have to stay up then go for a walk for fiftren minutes outside (if its safe cool fresh air) pr just stand in the garden taking a few deep breaths. If your work isnt due tomorrow then id sleep..
Original post by Sheikhspeare 🎭
listen h're thou scurvy gull, i can sayeth whatev'r i wanteth, whenev'r i wanteth. Thou dareth questioneth sheikhspeare?

Oh sorry, I just realised you aren't Shakespeare!!! LOL Sorry!
Could be a brain tumour.
Reply 19
Original post by Jennie1987
Yeah a migraine won't be cured by 15 minutes rest, once it takes hold it's your body telling you to stop. Is it due tomorrow? If not go to sleep now and just get up earlier.

Original post by 999tigger
Think everyones covered headache due to stress. Make sure youve eaten soemthing today plus the hydration, then painkillers of choice plus sleep.
If you have to stay up then go for a walk for fiftren minutes outside (if its safe cool fresh air) pr just stand in the garden taking a few deep breaths. If your work isnt due tomorrow then id sleep..

Yeah it's due tomorrow so imma have to stay up. Laying down in the dark for 10 or so minutes helped and the initial stabbing has died down but it's still kinda throbbing, but hopefully the painkillers will take care of most of that
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I know What happened!!!

Spoiler

:cry2: :hugs:
Original post by Alexion
Hugs help :hugs:And as much as you don't wanna hear it, working on a computer will only make it worse... :closedeyes:
:hugs: yeahhh i guess
Original post by Judas69
It could be a tumor

Original post by KissMyAbs
Could be a brain tumour.
Yeah thanks guys that helps so much :lol:
Original post by CoolCavy
awwwww z :hugs: had a migrane once, it was horrible so you have my full sympathies :lovehug:like other ppl have said, ibuprofen, water, sleep etc would be a good start x
Thanks Cavy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest