The Student Room Group

So many travel options, no idea what to do!

Originally I wanted to going on holiday to Italy with my boyfriend for my 21st but then I thought about travelling round italy maybe on trains then I thought about going interrailing round europe but the places I want to go travelling in the rest of Europe are so far away from the places I want to visit in Italy so my first decision is Italy or interrailing round the other countries.

My next problem is if I choose interrailing my boyfriend doesn't want to go where I want to so I'd end up going alone and I'm not sure that's something I'd want to do.

Other problems are I also want to go on a typical sunny beach holiday with my boyfriend but if I don't decide soon he'll tell his family he can go on holiday with them and won't be able to afford to go with me on a regular holiday.

Any advice on traveling alone or which option seems the best plan please.
My budget will be around £1000-£1500 so I can't do Italy, Interrailing and a regular holiday on top but I may be able to squeeze two options in this summer.
Original post by jess151
Originally I wanted to going on holiday to Italy with my boyfriend for my 21st but then I thought about travelling round italy maybe on trains then I thought about going interrailing round europe but the places I want to go travelling in the rest of Europe are so far away from the places I want to visit in Italy so my first decision is Italy or interrailing round the other countries.

My next problem is if I choose interrailing my boyfriend doesn't want to go where I want to so I'd end up going alone and I'm not sure that's something I'd want to do.

Other problems are I also want to go on a typical sunny beach holiday with my boyfriend but if I don't decide soon he'll tell his family he can go on holiday with them and won't be able to afford to go with me on a regular holiday.

Any advice on traveling alone or which option seems the best plan please.
My budget will be around £1000-£1500 so I can't do Italy, Interrailing and a regular holiday on top but I may be able to squeeze two options in this summer.

Interailing then maybe beach holiday I think :smile:
Reply 2
Your boyfriend is boring lmao who doesn't want to travel Europe and delve into it's rich culture and mysteries, I tell you, it's not the capitals of countries that fascinate me the most, it's those rural gems and other cultural places you go to which are not touristy.
Reply 3
He says he doesn't want to waste money on places he isn't bothered about seeing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest