The Student Room Group

Has anyone else noticed their old classmates from school gain weight?

I left school nearly a decade ago but I can't help notice that many of them have gone on to put on a lot of weight. Is this a common thing? I appreciate people have children etc. but this includes the boys as well.

Btw, this isn't to disrespect people. I abhor bullying and have been the victim of bullying over my weight (e.g. being called anorexic when my BMI is 20?). I also think society is moving towards negatively targeting slimmer people e.g. meghan trainer's lyric 'tell them skinny bitches that' and plus size catalogues, when if I sung 'tell them fat bitches that' it would be abusive and if I had a sizes 4-8 catalogue it would be encouraging anorexia.
Reply 1
well yes because I GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT ;(

i'm sure I've seen a few people who have put on some, but idk the majority have looked of pretty "average" weight to me.
Scary thought.
Lol yeah when you go uni and see your class mates from 3 years on fb or irl you just think 'what the **** happend'
Reply 4
Yup.

Have noticed this. :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Inexorably
well yes because I GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT ;(

i'm sure I've seen a few people who have put on some, but idk the majority have looked of pretty "average" weight to me.

I wouldn't say they're obese but they've gone up a dress size or few.
Original post by Anonymous
I left school nearly a decade ago but I can't help notice that many of them have gone on to put on a lot of weight. Is this a common thing? I appreciate people have children etc. but this includes the boys as well.

Btw, this isn't to disrespect people. I abhor bullying and have been the victim of bullying over my weight (e.g. being called anorexic when my BMI is 20?). I also think society is moving towards negatively targeting slimmer people e.g. meghan trainer's lyric 'tell them skinny bitches that' and plus size catalogues, when if I sung 'tell them fat bitches that' it would be abusive and if I had a sizes 4-8 catalogue it would be encouraging anorexia.

lol everyone's too lazy to change so people will bring others down with them however in fact they don't actually realise that those people themselves are the problem and not others

I wouldn't say they're obese but they've gone up a dress size or few.

that's a pretty big difference
Reply 7
Yes, but only some of the guys. A lot of the girls have actually lost weight . The guys who were popular and athletic are now overweight and balding.
Original post by Proxenus
you just think 'what the **** happend'

me looking at ur profile picture
well I have barely seen any one from my secondary school since I left and that was 2 years ago. But everyone still pretty much looks the same.
Original post by alkaline.
me looking at ur profile picture

no need to make me feel ****..
Original post by Proxenus
no need to make me feel ****..

you don't actually look like that do you though.
Original post by alkaline.
you don't actually look like that do you though.

yes i do..
I think a lot of people's bodies change as they age. One of the guys from my year at school is now practically bald, he's 27.

People are a lot more than there weight and to be honest, if you put that much emphasis on what size a person is you should reevaluate.

FYI - it was Nicki Minage who said "f*ck those skinny bitches" Megan's lyrics actually say "you can go and tell your skinny bitches that. No I'm just playing I know ya'll think your fat."

Big big difference, don't misquote people to make skinny shamming a thing. It makes your arguments look weak. There are real examples of skinny shaming just look for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow did I write this? I left school 9 years ago and it's exactly the same. I'm still rocking my size 6 body and they are all a bunch of fatties. It's the perfect karma :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending