The Student Room Group

Will what I get in the AS level i'm dropping impact my chances of getting into uni?

If i get a U in history, but then three A's in my other subjects- Lit, language and Film, will it matter? I want to study english lit and creative writing at manchester, and it's really competitive, only about 15 out of 150 get in. :frown:
Original post by chicagokid1998
If i get a U in history, but then three A's in my other subjects- Lit, language and Film, will it matter? I want to study english lit and creative writing at manchester, and it's really competitive, only about 15 out of 150 get in. :frown:

Yes as you have to declare all grades it could matter, especially as you could be up against people with an A in as. You still have time to pass your as at this point.
Depends what degree you want to pursue. My friend got a U in economics and her other 3 subjects were AAC and she was accepted to all 5 unis to do Law so if i was you i wouldn't really worry about the AS one.
All depends what you want to do, at AS I got CCDU (the U was in Maths) and I'm going to the Uni of Sheffield in September to do German with Dutch. They ask for BBB but I got an unconditional offer with BBC.

I don't think it will matter too much. I wouldn't worry about it but at the same time I wouldn't completely write off your History grade. If you think you can get three As in your other subjects then you must be able to salvage some marks and get an E/D in History, surely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending