The Student Room Group

My journey to 4 A's for a future Medical student :3

Scroll to see replies

It was nice relaxing yesterday haha, tomorrow and the day after I most likely won't be able to revise (late birthday parties) so I'll try and cram a lot of things into today. I feel like I should be doing a hell of a lot today because I didn't revise properly for a long long time. So I want to finish chapter 3 in biology, chapter 2 in chemistry, the entire C2 for maths and for German.....(if you've been keeping up with this blog you'll probably have guessed this) more grammar work haha, I'm completely throwing my phone away for the entire day because it's always the main reason why I can't focus :angry:
Original post by simply_a_ Δ
I do bio, chem, maths, history :biggrin:
There's a lot of content I need to go over - sigh so much to do, so little time :P

I do the exact same subjects too! Which exam boards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
I do the exact same subjects too! Which exam boards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths edexcel
History edexcel
Chemistry OCR a
Biology OCR a

What subject are you must confident with? :smile:
Maths edexcel
History edexcel
Chemistry OCR a
Biology OCR a

What subject are you must confident with? :smile:

I'm doing the same for maths and chemistry but I'm doing aqa for biology and history :frown:

Maths - chemistry is by far and away my weakest subject though - I was actually asked to drop it but I refused

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing the same for maths and chemistry but I'm doing aqa for biology and history :frown:

Maths - chemistry is by far and away my weakest subject though - I was actually asked to drop it but I refused

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good on you for persevering!
They're all pretty weak subjects for me oops.
Due to the lack of revision I've done throughout the year, I have a lot to do this month.
But I think we can get through this - you certainly can!
Good on you for persevering!
They're all pretty weak subjects for me oops.
Due to the lack of revision I've done throughout the year, I have a lot to do this month.
But I think we can get through this - you certainly can!

I don't know why I bothered though, I absolutely detest chemistry now bleh

Haha, oops, what are your current grades?
I like your optimism! We can certainly do this (fingers crossed)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know why I bothered though, I absolutely detest chemistry now bleh

Haha, oops, what are your current grades?
I like your optimism! We can certainly do this (fingers crossed)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still at a D for all my subjects :s-smilie:
Argh the panic.
How are your grades?
I'm still at a D for all my subjects :s-smilie:
Argh the panic.
How are your grades?

Ouch. That must hurt especially as there's only like 5 weeks before the exams.

And I thought I was doing badly :s-smilie:

I'm on a B for history but like always 1 or 2 marks away from an A, an A for maths and biology and a C for chem....

Yeah. Chem isn't too good for me. And I wanna be a doctor so I have to suck it up and revise for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ouch. That must hurt especially as there's only like 5 weeks before the exams.

And I thought I was doing badly :s-smilie:

I'm on a B for history but like always 1 or 2 marks away from an A, an A for maths and biology and a C for chem....

Yeah. Chem isn't too good for me. And I wanna be a doctor so I have to suck it up and revise for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get those A's! Loool is there still time for me to get A's....
What do you find difficult?
I always find that my answer isn't good enough for the markscheme lol - it's always like "ignore blah blah" so my answers are never good enough :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
You can get those A's! Loool is there still time for me to get A's....
What do you find difficult?
I always find that my answer isn't good enough for the markscheme lol - it's always like "ignore blah blah" so my answers are never good enough :frown:

Looool - hopefully so, and besides, I have friends who are still getting E's and U's in their subjects so you're doing substantially better .

None of it makes any sense to me :cry: especially all the moles stuff, I keep missing a step here and there and I've thrown away 7 marks by the end of the question and multiple choice questions and this is gonna make me sound like a dumb idiot but I hate writing out equations :cry: :curls up in corner:

Help.

Aww, I gave the same problem for biology it's so irritating, you've got the right concept but the keyword was missing so no marks. Bleh. Chem sucks. My chem teacher sucks too. I went to a revision session with a different teacher and she was SO GOOD - shame she doesn't do any of those extra help sessions at my college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looool - hopefully so, and besides, I have friends who are still getting E's and U's in their subjects so you're doing substantially better .

None of it makes any sense to me :cry: especially all the moles stuff, I keep missing a step here and there and I've thrown away 7 marks by the end of the question and multiple choice questions and this is gonna make me sound like a dumb idiot but I hate writing out equations :cry: :curls up in corner:

Help.

Aww, I gave the same problem for biology it's so irritating, you've got the right concept but the keyword was missing so no marks. Bleh. Chem sucks. My chem teacher sucks too. I went to a revision session with a different teacher and she was SO GOOD - shame she doesn't do any of those extra help sessions at my college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I share the same hatred for writing out equations. They intimidate me tbh.

Omg no way. I thought it was just me and I thought it was just me being an idiot because everyone else always seems to write them out so effortlessly and I'm just like how.

I hate the multiple choice questions where you have to write out the equation for each possible answer cuz I can't even do one let alone 4 and figure out which ones right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, having been in an almost similar situation as you, where I wasn't as pleased with my GCSE's and my AS not being entirely perfect, yet wanting to do medicine i would love to help you out here and there if you need anything. Not doing the same exam boards as you but maths tends to be very similar in content and units, so let me know if you want help with anything :smile: Good luck with your exams.
Original post by NadeemKha_Arab
Hey, having been in an almost similar situation as you, where I wasn't as pleased with my GCSE's and my AS not being entirely perfect, yet wanting to do medicine i would love to help you out here and there if you need anything. Not doing the same exam boards as you but maths tends to be very similar in content and units, so let me know if you want help with anything :smile: Good luck with your exams.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, I take it you're in A2? How's everything going :tongue:

Omg no way. I thought it was just me and I thought it was just me being an idiot because everyone else always seems to write them out so effortlessly and I'm just like how.

I hate the multiple choice questions where you have to write out the equation for each possible answer cuz I can't even do one let alone 4 and figure out which ones right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just going to pop my head into this conversation and say I can't stand equations either :angry: as well as the multiple choice questions! They're like 1 mark each but take a century to complete :frown: I also suck at amount of substance (mainly those really confused questions where you barely even know what they're asking you :s-smilie:)
Original post by TianaEsther
Just going to pop my head into this conversation and say I can't stand equations either :angry: as well as the multiple choice questions! They're like 1 mark each but take a century to complete :frown: I also suck at amount of substance (mainly those really confused questions where you barely even know what they're asking you :s-smilie:)

Lol sorry, I just realised we've been having a conversation complaining about revision while you're trying to revise oops.

Phew! So it's not just me then, I genuinely thought it was just me :frown:. I HATE those too - I loathe them with a passion - ESPECIALLY the ones where they do a titration and you have to work out how the concentration and volume changed. And those questions where they give you the atomic number and tell you to work the moles are eeeeeevil because we always fall in the trap. I KNOW - **** multiple choice questions - who even thought it was a good idea to put them in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol sorry, I just realised we've been having a conversation complaining about revision while you're trying to revise oops.

Phew! So it's not just me then, I genuinely thought it was just me :frown:. I HATE those too - I loathe them with a passion - ESPECIALLY the ones where they do a titration and you have to work out how the concentration and volume changed. And those questions where they give you the atomic number and tell you to work the moles are eeeeeevil because we always fall in the trap. I KNOW - **** multiple choice questions - who even thought it was a good idea to put them in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay, I wasn't revising right now (or yesterday) so no worries :h:
Titration has become my worst enemy this year, I've done the practical about 500 times for God knows what reason and the calculations are the most boring thing ever! And ughhhh those questions where they seem too easy to be true especially with moles and Mr are the worsttttttttt
It's okay, I wasn't revising right now (or yesterday) so no worries :h:
Titration has become my worst enemy this year, I've done the practical about 500 times for God knows what reason and the calculations are the most boring thing ever! And ughhhh those questions where they seem too easy to be true especially with moles and Mr are the worsttttttttt

Oh that's good - the not disturbing you part, not the not you revising part. BTW I wanna be a doctor too and I was wondering, have you looked at any uni's yet?

WHAT?! I know you're exaggerating but I only had to do it 3 times and I felt like crying. Especially since I kept dropping everything lol and my teacher wasn't too happy. Oh. My. God. Those questions are literally the bane of my entire existence - you just jump straight into it and you're like "I've got this!" And then you get 0 :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, I take it you're in A2? How's everything going :tongue:

No problem! And not too bad actually. I've managed to put my self in a good position in the Easter holidays by catching up on all my notes and doing plenty of past papers. Just got a Biology EMPA tomorrow and I am stressing about it haha! I'll just have to see how it goes.
Oh that's good - the not disturbing you part, not the not you revising part. BTW I wanna be a doctor too and I was wondering, have you looked at any uni's yet?

WHAT?! I know you're exaggerating but I only had to do it 3 times and I felt like crying. Especially since I kept dropping everything lol and my teacher wasn't too happy. Oh. My. God. Those questions are literally the bane of my entire existence - you just jump straight into it and you're like "I've got this!" And then you get 0 :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha well we've done the practical at least 10 times but who's i've lost count tbh. Same! I literally am going to drop out of school if I have to do any more titration a (praying to God it doesn't come up in A2).

And yepp I've looked into Cambridge, Imperial/UCL, Southampton, Kings and perhaps a Uni in Germany. What about you?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending