The Student Room Group

If I withdraw from a choice on Ucas will it also withdraw other choices from same uni

Hey guys,

So when I first made my Ucas app. I 4 choices. 3 of which were to the same university (only applying to local uni's) The 4th being an insurance. I applied to 3 difference courses because I couldn't make my mind up. However now I have. I got an offer for my insurance and for my firm (the actual course I want to take) However I can't accept my offers because you have to wait until you have heard back from all choices.

My question is- If I withdraw from the two courses I no longer want to take will that also withdraw my option that I want to be my firm because all 3 are for the same uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by countduckula1906
Hey guys,

So when I first made my Ucas app. I 4 choices. 3 of which were to the same university (only applying to local uni's) The 4th being an insurance. I applied to 3 difference courses because I couldn't make my mind up. However now I have. I got an offer for my insurance and for my firm (the actual course I want to take) However I can't accept my offers because you have to wait until you have heard back from all choices.

My question is- If I withdraw from the two courses I no longer want to take will that also withdraw my option that I want to be my firm because all 3 are for the same uni?

No, you are just withdrawing from the specific course & university combinations.
Original post by jneill
No, you are just withdrawing from the specific course & university combinations.

Just to clarify. If say I withdraw 2 courses from University 'A' will my 3rd course which is also for university 'A' be unaffected along side my insurance for university 'B'?

Sorry, just making 100% sure.

Just to clarify. If say I withdraw 2 courses from University 'A' will my 3rd course which is also for university 'A' be unaffected along side my insurance for university 'B'?

Yes it will be unaffected :smile:
Reply 4

Your 3rd is unaffected.
That's great!

Thanks guys:smile:
Sorry one last question :s-smilie:
Which option should I choose from the drop down menu in Ucas when withdrawing the choice?

-'I wish to apply to the same place but change some of the choice details'
-'I no longer want to apply to this university or course'
-'I want to change this choice to another'

Non of the above seem right to my situation. Or does this not matter?

thanks
Which option should I choose from the drop down menu in Ucas when withdrawing the choice?

thanks

Surely 'I no longer want to apply to this university or course' fits fine?
Reply 8

thanks

Original post by jneill

What if Ucas interprets it the way that I no longer want to apply to that particular university and then withdraws all my choices for that uni?

Sorry I think I'm probably over-thinking this:/
What if Ucas interprets it the way that I no longer want to apply to that particular university and then withdraws all my choices for that uni?

They won't interpret it incorrectly, stop panicking :smile:
Reply 11

I and others have already told you it only applies to that specific choice at that specific university.

It. Will. Not. Withdraw. ALL. Your. Choices. For. That. Uni.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
So did you withdraw those choices? What happened... ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
So did you withdraw those choices? What happened... ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still haven't done it :s-smilie:
Reply 14
I bet he's not done it yet 😂
It's been a while on this thread but I just wanted to know if you withdrew that one single choice? Did u choose as suggested above and uni didn't cancel other offers right? Reason I ask is cos I'm facing same decision now 😕
Original post by Anikidaho
It's been a while on this thread but I just wanted to know if you withdrew that one single choice? Did u choose as suggested above and uni didn't cancel other offers right? Reason I ask is cos I'm facing same decision now 😕

So long as you don't withdraw from the entire application cycle, (and this can happen if you are unclear with your instruction to UCAS), you'll only be withdrawn from consideration for the one course.

If you are worried and are in the same position as the OP, just wait for all your decisions to come back. There's no rush, you won't even have a reply deadline yet :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
So long as you don't withdraw from the entire application cycle, (and this can happen if you are unclear with your instruction to UCAS), you'll only be withdrawn from consideration for the one course.

If you are worried and are in the same position as the OP, just wait for all your decisions to come back. There's no rush, you won't even have a reply deadline yet :smile:

Thanks a ton! I went to my open choice (for which I hadn't yet recd uni reply) and selected 'no longer wish to apply to this uni and course' - and behold - only that one choice was canceled, while my other offers are still very much active. The reply to offers button is also enabled so I can choose my firm and insurance choices. So problem solved - thanks everyone on this thread for ur guidance!
Original post by Anikidaho
Thanks a ton! I went to my open choice (for which I hadn't yet recd uni reply) and selected 'no longer wish to apply to this uni and course' - and behold - only that one choice was canceled, while my other offers are still very much active. The reply to offers button is also enabled so I can choose my firm and insurance choices. So problem solved - thanks everyone on this thread for ur guidance!

No problem. Remember there is no rush to pick your choices, you likely have until May and your offers are safe until then. Visit the offer holder open days and make sure your instincts are correct.
Hello everyone,I've been searching the whole of TSR and wanted to find out if I withdraw a choice now, am I able to gain another choice from UCAS Extra since I only have 4/5 choices?The course that I want to change to is different and is at a different university.

Latest

Trending

Trending