The Student Room Group

Is this a good way to ask her out?

Hey, I know this girl and we both like each other. We have been out and eaten before together, and she has kissed me a couple of times at a party, and seemed to be jealous when I was talking to another girl and having a laugh. I want to ask her out.

My friend suggested that I say that I am considering dating another girl on tinder and then acting based on her reaction, which would presumably negative.

I am not sure this is a good idea. However, I am not really sure of any alternatives. Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let's have coffee sometime? :dontknow:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I know this girl and we both like each other. We have been out and eaten before together, and she has kissed me a couple of times at a party, and seemed to be jealous when I was talking to another girl and having a laugh. I want to ask her out.

My friend suggested that I say that I am considering dating another girl on tinder and then acting based on her reaction, which would presumably negative.

I am not sure this is a good idea. However, I am not really sure of any alternatives. Thoughts?

That is a bad idea, just ask her out normally.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle

I thought it sounded retarded. I have never asked anybody out before, how would I go about it beyond just going "will you go out with me?".
Reply 4
Stop playing silly games, grow up and ask her out for coffee or lunch.
Original post by claireestelle

Agreed, the worst she can do is say no...
Reply 6
Bonkers mate, if you're serious, and want to seize defeat from the jaws of victory. Just ask her out for a drink or coffee.
That's a really bad way of asking her out :tongue:

Just find a time where you two can speak alone, and casually ask for her to go out sometime. For food, a drink, just a walk.
You could do that- as long as the tinder thing, didn't last long. If i was the girl that sort of thing would break my heart. I know it's a joke but she doesn't know that at first.

Maybe say something about tinder, then turn it around straight away and ask her. Like pick an unattractive person from there and show her that you're thinking of it then say, "I'm just joking, i wouldn't date her, but I'd sure like to date you instead"

It depends on your relationship with them currently- do you have banter? Only do the tinder thing if you have jokes like that kind of thing.
Also do it when it's just the two of you. I'm sure if you eat out and have kissed, she's got to like you a lot.

Best of luck and congrats, let us know how it goes please! :biggrin:
Reply 9

Not a good idea to make her feel like a second best option.

Be genuine. :wink:
If this was any other time, I'd say yes- Since i'm a girl and you need to bring it up naturally. However from what you say it's obvious she likes you so just do it normally
Your friend is a virgin, I'm guessing?
Original post by 98Lauren98
You could do that- as long as the tinder thing, didn't last long. If i was the girl that sort of thing would break my heart. I know it's a joke but she doesn't know that at first.

Maybe say something about tinder, then turn it around straight away and ask her. Like pick an unattractive person from there and show her that you're thinking of it then say, "I'm just joking, i wouldn't date her, but I'd sure like to date you instead"

It depends on your relationship with them currently- do you have banter? Only do the tinder thing if you have jokes like that kind of thing.
Also do it when it's just the two of you. I'm sure if you eat out and have kissed, she's got to like you a lot.

Best of luck and congrats, let us know how it goes please! :biggrin:

Yeah we banter a ton. She doesn't seem to take jealousy too well though if i was reading her correctly on the night.
These kinds of head games are never a good idea. Just be straight and honest and forthright.
Yeah we banter a ton. She doesn't seem to take jealousy too well though if i was reading her correctly on the night.

Awh that's good then! In that case, skip tinder but in your proposal of dating put in a comment that only the two of you would understand from a previous joke or something. It would make it really personal :smile:
Original post by WoodyMKC

Not sure, probably. Why do you think I thought it was awful advice?

Original post by -CarpeDiem-
That's a really bad way of asking her out :tongue:

Just find a time where you two can speak alone, and casually ask for her to go out sometime. For food, a drink, just a walk.

She has already asked me to get mcdonalds with her the other week, so It wouldn't be too bad I don't think.

Is it a good idea to ask her exactly why she kissed me? He suggested that after I said I thought the tinder idea was stupid.
Original post by stefano865
Let's have coffee sometime? :dontknow:

yeah sure sounds good

Spoiler

Bad idea OP. It's very possible that she could wind up thinking that you're not actually interested in her. A guy I liked told me once about a Tinder girl he was chatting to and it just made me feel like he really wasn't interested and that I should back off. Not a good plan if you want her to stay interested...
Just be straight and ask her out. If she likes you, I don't really see a reason why she would say no. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
These kinds of head games are never a good idea. Just be straight and honest and forthright.

Yeah, transparency is the best policy. However, I am not sure its that easy just to go, out of the blue, do you want to grab coffee.
Original post by WoodyMKC

:toofunny:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending