The Student Room Group

Help! Stressing about Uni

So I've been going back and fourth for a while now about what course I should do at Uni and to be honest I don't have a clue. I mean there are aspects of the courses that I have applied for that I possibly might enjoy but the other modules I don't think I will. I have applied for music and I feel that doing this course wouldn't really benefit me in any way ~ well that's what I've been told. I also feel that I'm undecided about everything ,should I take a gap year ( but what would I do), should I do more alevels (but which ones and why?), should I volunteer or get a job?.I got all my offers in January and everytime I think about having to accept or decline any of them I feel like I might have a breakdown. I just don't want to rush into anything but I feel that I have to cause all my friends know what they want to do, they have their choices selected and they have something to look forward to whereas I'm at a point where I really don't know. Would anyone have any advice? Or has been in the situation that I'm in ? Should I decline my offers and go through extra? Or have any ideas for what to do in a gap year ?? Thanks
Do what feels right to you, listen to others but don't them decide for you. What do you want to do? What excites you the most? What do you imagine yourself doing? What are your long-term goals? Have you got an action plan about to get to where you want to be?

Whatever it is, I think it should be your decision so regardless of what people have said to you and what fantastic advice you get on here, the most important thing is making sure it is right for you.

When someone can't do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. - Will Smith, Pursuit of Happiness.
Reply 2
Honestly if you really have no idea what you want to do then I suggest taking a gap year, getting a job and really think about what it is you want to do or if you really want/need to go to uni in the first place. I rushed straight into a degree after college bc I though it was the only option and I was completely wrong. I have now waisted 2 years that I could have spent studying what I really wanted to do if I had stopped to think about it.
But do whatever feels right to you and forget what other people might say or think.
Original post by Sazza3
So I've been going back and fourth for a while now about what course I should do at Uni and to be honest I don't have a clue. I mean there are aspects of the courses that I have applied for that I possibly might enjoy but the other modules I don't think I will. I have applied for music and I feel that doing this course wouldn't really benefit me in any way ~ well that's what I've been told. I also feel that I'm undecided about everything ,should I take a gap year ( but what would I do), should I do more alevels (but which ones and why?), should I volunteer or get a job?.I got all my offers in January and everytime I think about having to accept or decline any of them I feel like I might have a breakdown. I just don't want to rush into anything but I feel that I have to cause all my friends know what they want to do, they have their choices selected and they have something to look forward to whereas I'm at a point where I really don't know. Would anyone have any advice? Or has been in the situation that I'm in ? Should I decline my offers and go through extra? Or have any ideas for what to do in a gap year ?? Thanks

try to stay calm and stay positive can i help in any way you can talk to me if you need someone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending