Open University
Milton Keynes

90 credits could be manageable

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RhaegoTarg
Buy the MST123 books on eBay :wink:

They're really good!

Cheers for that! I've just ordered them from Amazon now & managed to get Book A from the Amazon warehouse for £13, & Book B new for £19.99! :-)

PlGLET
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 41
Just thought I'd add for anyone reading wanting to buy the books from Amazon;
If you haven't bought a gift card before; click the button to qualify for the gift card promo. Buy a £30 gift card & you'll receive £7 promo code that can also be spent on Amazon (via the Amazon seller, not third party). Both books are £19.99 each new. Ends 30th June.
Hope it saves someone a few quid! :-)

PlGLET
Reply 42
Good afternoon all :-)
Just some quick questions regarding your PC/laptop set up;
Do you have a PC/laptop already, & if so what specs?
Also; Do you plan on using it throughout the entire degree (no upgrading etc)?

PlGLET
Reply 43
My maths books arrived yesterday! I've been looking at scientific calculators on Amazon & apparently the calculator; 'Casio FX-991ESPLUS' can do calculus (according to reviews). I'm going to order one!

Oh, & I've been looking at the Computing/IT section to try & learn the things people are doing. A helpful TSR member gave me the website for AS/A Level - ocr computing overview (You'll find it on google, then just use the tabs at the top! :-) I'm not sure if it'll be similar to what we'll be doing, but I want to try understand as much as possible before I start! :'D

PlGLET
Original post by PlGLET
Good afternoon all :-)
Just some quick questions regarding your PC/laptop set up;
Do you have a PC/laptop already, & if so what specs?
Also; Do you plan on using it throughout the entire degree (no upgrading etc)?

PlGLET

I have a desktop PC

24" screen. 16gb RAM. 6gb video graphics. 3.5gz processor.
It's basically a high end gaming machine.

Love it <3
I also use it to run virtual machines (Ubuntu for Linux work).
Reply 45
Original post by RhaegoTarg
I have a desktop PC

24" screen. 16gb RAM. 6gb video graphics. 3.5gz processor.
It's basically a high end gaming machine.

Love it <3
I also use it to run virtual machines (Ubuntu for Linux work).

Sounds nice! 6GB! Space for another 2GB? ;-) I've seen (for ex) GTX 960 4GB get roughly 30fps, then sli GTX 960 4GB get 60+fps in ultra. Not sure of the gain you'd get though. New tomb raider apparently needs 6GB, most likely 8GB.
Unfortunately due to current circumstances I won't be doing the degree as the financial support via the OU isn't enough.
When I've finished my current responsibilities I'll go back to my old job. I'll buy (build) a computer then & just take coding up as a hobby, play around with arduinos etc.
Good luck on the degree & your future endeavours everyone :-)

PlGLET
Original post by PlGLET
Sounds nice! 6GB! Space for another 2GB? ;-) I've seen (for ex) GTX 960 4GB get roughly 30fps, then sli GTX 960 4GB get 60+fps in ultra. Not sure of the gain you'd get though. New tomb raider apparently needs 6GB, most likely 8GB.
Unfortunately due to current circumstances I won't be doing the degree as the financial support via the OU isn't enough.
When I've finished my current responsibilities I'll go back to my old job. I'll buy (build) a computer then & just take coding up as a hobby, play around with arduinos etc.
Good luck on the degree & your future endeavours everyone :-)

PlGLET

Damn man, that sucks.
All the best though.

Quick Reply

Latest