The Student Room Group

Moving to another part of UK while studying masters via distance learning

Hi

I am a British citizen and have lived in England for the last 10 years. I am planning to study a masters with an English university via distance learning. If my family and I moved to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland during the period between submitting my application for a postgraduate loan and the cours start date, or after the cours starts, would I become ineligible?

Also do you know if it will be possible to take out both a Postgraduate Loan and a Professional and Career Development Loan at the same time and for the same course (the intention being to use one for fees and the other for living expenses)?

Many thanks.
Original post by Jewls78
Hi

I am a British citizen and have lived in England for the last 10 years. I am planning to study a masters with an English university via distance learning. If my family and I moved to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland during the period between submitting my application for a postgraduate loan and the cours start date, or after the cours starts, would I become ineligible?

Also do you know if it will be possible to take out both a Postgraduate Loan and a Professional and Career Development Loan at the same time and for the same course (the intention being to use one for fees and the other for living expenses)?

Many thanks.

Hi

One of the requirements you need to meet to get a Postgraduate Loan is to be normally resident in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course (usually 1 September if your course starts in the autumn). If you move to another country in the UK before your course starts you won’t be able to get a Postgraduate Loan. But, if you move elsewhere in the UK during your course you’ll keep getting your Postgraduate Loan.

We won’t ask you to tell us if you’re getting a Career Development Loan to help you pay for your course.

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending