people still think we will make top 4! Smh

:lol:

Why not?
2013 FA Cup Finalists - Wigan: Relegated
2014 FA Cup Finalists - Hull: Relegated
2015 FA Cup Finalists - Villa: Relegated

Better watch out next year.
Original post by qasidb
There's 3 possible opportunities for them to win a game: Man Utd, Everton and Chelsea.
And you preferred that they should win against us, even when we're actively trying to secure a top 4 place?

Spoiler

We aren't finishing above Arsenal and we don't deserve to. Our league season is over so shy not let Them have their moment?

Also, **** going for 4th like it's a trophy. I really hate that mentality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy Seville
2013 FA Cup Finalists - Wigan: Relegated
2014 FA Cup Finalists - Hull: Relegated
2015 FA Cup Finalists - Villa: Relegated

Better watch out next year.

2009 Chelsea vs Everton
2010 Chelsea vs Portsmouth
2011 Man City vs Stoke
2013 Man City vs Wigan
2014 Arsenal vs Hull
2015 Arsenal vs Villa
2016 Man Utd vs Palace

It's law of averages, and Man Utd this year play the role of the big team who stumble half-arsed to the final and in need of a consolation prize, rather than the little team that reach the final through a nice draw and not being totally rubbish.

Clash of the titans.
Original post by sr90
We aren't finishing above Arsenal and we don't deserve to. Our league season is over so shy not let Them have their moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't deserve to but it still happens in football.

Your football has been atrocious all season with the exception of the last month or so. However sometimes that's all it takes.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, let them have their moment, sure. But why let them have their moment at the expense of us losing when they can have their moment against Everton or Chelsea?

In the end, I don't think we'll get top 4 but I reckon we'll be close. However, it's still a very realistic possibility that we could get achieve it. Much stranger things have happened (e.g. Leicester).

And when did I act like top 4 is a trophy?
I saw an Arsenal fan actually worry about their fixture run-in (4 home games to bottom six sides including Villa; Sunderland; and their rivals City), so that tells you what shape Arsenal are in that the fans worry about bottom clubs, home games and teams with the same points as them.

But let's say they beat Norwich and Villa and lose at City, Man Utd would still need to win all their games, and Leicester and West Ham won't make that easy. So you would expect Arsenal to stumble through yet again, but 4th being a UEFA Cup spot would be a hilarious swerve of karma.
City are probably the ones we have more hope of catching. Swansea on the last day will surely be a comfortable win, with them having nothing to play for while City have 3rd and/or 4th to play for, but Southampton away followed by Arsenal at home, with an away trip to Madrid in between, could easily be where they slip up.

We'd still have to get 4 wins from 4 of course, which is pretty unlikely.
If we win our last four games, we'll probably get top four. Problem is, we won't win our last four.
FA Cup + Mou in the summer is progress imo
Advantage Real madrid.
LVG's pattern is two steps forward and one back. We've had some good steps forward so according to LVG's reign, that should mean a step back. I'd rather Leicester sealed the title at Stamford Bridge where Ranieri was once manager but on the other hand, Chelsea giving Leicester a guard of honour would be worth seeing aswell.
Sounds like Man City fans saying it's all going to plan and are actually assuming they're in the final now. After that performance. At home. Playing Real Madrid. O_o
Remember when hardly anyone wanted Hummels at United last year because they heard he's too slow and just jumped on the bandwagon calling him a fraud and that he'd get found out in the BPL. Funny because most people are pleased with Blind's performances this year.

He's an upgrade on Blind thats for sure. Stronger than him, taller than him, better on the ball, better passer and he's not slower than Blind (not trying to discredit Blind at all).
Original post by KingKoala
Advantage Real madrid.

0 away goals...
Original post by Lúcio
0 away goals...

Imagine thinking City will beat Madrid at the Bernabéu.

Ronaldo will score 5 goals.
Original post by Dirtybit

Imagine thinking City have to beat Madrid at the Bernabéu.
Original post by Dirtybit

Not saying they will, just saying that 0-0 wasn't a terrible result.

They don't have to win anyway m8 - a score draw would do it :smile:

Latest