The Student Room Group

Do you ever have boring days with a friend?

Went on a day out, I felt I was so boring and the day was really boring,couldnt think of things to say, I'm hoping that is normal from time to time, do you ever have days when your out with a friend and your bored with nothing to do?

Hope its not just me.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you mean by boring?
Was there nothing to be done?
Was you doing nothing?
Anyways boring days are fine and natural, otherwise you wouldn't be able to distinguish a good day from a boring one.
Most stuff in life coincidence or luck ( in the senses of deterministic probability)
You don't have to enjoy every day of life is what im saying.
Reply 2
Original post by Personinsertname
What do you mean by boring?
Was there nothing to be done?
Was you doing nothing?
Anyways boring days are fine and natural, otherwise you wouldn't be able to distinguish a good day from a boring one.
Most stuff in life coincidence or luck ( in the senses of deterministic probability)
You don't have to enjoy every day of life is what im saying.

Its just I don't have a lot of friends and only a handful of very good ones and I don't want to put them off me and never invite me anywhere, I havent seen my friend for a month,we went to the cinema we did have small talk and i asked questions and she answered with short answers, and I was saying, yeah yeah, most of the time,
I just feel kinda bad to be honest.
Maybe you should develop yourself more- meaning show more of who you are to your friends not a lot is coming out of you right now it seems too generic. Going to the cinema*
Small talk*
Maybe there's something common or an argument or debate to be had.
You can even say that you just like their company and wouldn't mind hanging out with them for real reasons.
Friends are there for a reason and no reason at all . These so called boring days are the aimless squandering of time that leads to no where.
Have a few collective goals or ideals in mind. That's the reason i used to have friends in the first place.

(Social Recluse for the win!)
Original post by bennyboyben
Went on a day out, I felt I was so boring and the day was really boring,couldnt think of things to say, I'm hoping that is normal from time to time, do you ever have days when your out with a friend and your bored with nothing to do?

Hope its not just me.

Do you have friends because you 'have to' or because you actually want them around? Most people can tell if you actually want them there or not
Reply 5
Original post by Personinsertname
Maybe you should develop yourself more- meaning show more of who you are to your friends not a lot is coming out of you right now it seems too generic. Going to the cinema*
Small talk*
Maybe there's something common or an argument or debate to be had.
You can even say that you just like their company and wouldn't mind hanging out with them for real reasons.
Friends are there for a reason and no reason at all . These so called boring days are the aimless squandering of time that leads to no where.
Have a few collective goals or ideals in mind. That's the reason i used to have friends in the first place.

(Social Recluse for the win!)

I can't seem to tell storys very well, I'm the type of person who pauses and thinks of words to use when talking, that really stops me from being fun,

How do I be a good story teller? It feels impossible now?
Original post by bennyboyben

Hope its not just me.

Boring days are when you are being boring yourself. It may not be because you was with your friend, you can't rely on someone else to make you un-bored.
You don't need to story tell.
Why are you there to tell stories.
Your there for each other , to help each other to aim for goals and get there with support or critique .
What do you want ?
Thats it tell them. Ask them how you can achieve it .

anyways most conversations with my friends are 99% jokes and lies.
But the laughter is real.
I don't really know who you are so i have no right to define how you act socially but try to stay positive at the very least.
Do you mean days where you and your friend are both bored because you can't find something to do together, or days when you and your friend are bored of each other, because those are two very different things.

Usually in a long term friendship it's almost impossible to be bored of each other. Being bored by someone usually only occurs in superficial or new relationships (where you're at the early stage of constantly wanting to impress each other). It's a sign that you're not very close.
But with long term relationships and friendships its the equivalent of asking if you ever get bored of your family members (the answer is no). you can be bored together but not of each other.
Once.

Went rowing and threw him off so I didn't have to see him again
even though we do the same things all the time, my bf has never given me a boring day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending