The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Room neccessaries

Hi! I would like to know if Exeter students need to bring and take back their belongings each and every year. I am talking about things such as pillows, duvets and bedsheets. I find it rather difficult for those who live in other countries. Isn`t there any possibility to leave them in the campus and take them back after one returns from holidays?
Depends on your accomodation-I left an answer in your other question, but I can give a different one here.

In self-catered rooms, the contract is continous for however long-usually 40, 44 or 48 weeks. You have that room, uninterrupted, for that whole time, so can keep your stuff over the holidays or whatever. Most ( i think all) catered halls kick you out completely during the Easter break, because they rent these rooms out during this time. I also had a lot of people in catered complain about the fact that the times they served food were stupid-no lie ins if you want breakfast, and sometimes you had to miss evening meals if you wanted to attend lectures.

For my room they only provided a mattress-you need pillows, duvet, bedsheets and the rest. I'd bring coathangers as I cant remember if they had any of them either. If you have any more specific questions let me know.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by QuentinM
Depends on your accomodation-I left an answer in your other question, but I can give a different one here.

In self-catered rooms, the contract is continous for however long-usually 40, 44 or 48 weeks. You have that room, uninterrupted, for that whole time, so can keep your stuff over the holidays or whatever. Most ( i think all) catered halls kick you out completely during the Easter break, because they rent these rooms out during this time. I also had a lot of people in catered complain about the fact that the times they served food were stupid-no lie ins if you want breakfast, and sometimes you had to miss evening meals if you wanted to attend lectures.

For my room they only provided a mattress-you need pillows, duvet, bedsheets and the rest. I'd bring coathangers as I cant remember if they had any of them either. If you have any more specific questions let me know.

Yes:smile: I would like to know where i can purchase these things from: pillow, duvet, bedsheets. I think there is a shop or site on the University of Exeter website from where one can buy these things, but i am not sure how to access it. Do you have any idea?
Original post by Diana Jalea
Yes:smile: I would like to know where i can purchase these things from: pillow, duvet, bedsheets. I think there is a shop or site on the University of Exeter website from where one can buy these things, but i am not sure how to access it. Do you have any idea?

Some time before the start of term you'll get an email all about this exact thing.

It will include a link to a company that does deals for students on things like bedding and kitchen essentials so if you are travelling from abroad then you can purchase anything from the range of things they offer and they will available for collection from the University when you arrive.
Hi! I would like to know if Exeter students need to bring and take back their belongings each and every year. I am talking about things such as pillows, duvets and bedsheets. I find it rather difficult for those who live in other countries. Isn`t there any possibility to leave them in the campus and take them back after one returns from holidays?

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/media/universityofexeter/campusservices/accommodation/docs/Moving_In_Checklist_-_Self_Catered_Residences.pdf
Thanks a lot!

No problem :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending