The Student Room Group

Home student?

I studied my A levels/Sixth Form from abroad, i also did my gcse papers abroad, however, i have lived in the uk for most of my life, only till recent (4 years ago), did i shift. Ive lived here for over a year now, and am planning to apply for MB BS degree here in london unis. My only question is, will i count as a home student or as an international student. I hope my case is presentable as one of a home student. I am also a UK national and i hold a provisional driving license. My Father is a current UK taxpayer, we own properties here in the UK and we pay utility bills and such as well. Our current house is on mortgage too. Will I count as a home student? Looking forward to your response on the matter, Thank you.

p.s im 18, i lived in the uk till i was 14, left in year 10.
Original post by uzairk
I studied my A levels/Sixth Form from abroad, i also did my gcse papers abroad, however, i have lived in the uk for most of my life, only till recent (4 years ago), did i shift. Ive lived here for over a year now, and am planning to apply for MB BS degree here in london unis. My only question is, will i count as a home student or as an international student. I hope my case is presentable as one of a home student. I am also a UK national and i hold a provisional driving license. My Father is a current UK taxpayer, we own properties here in the UK and we pay utility bills and such as well. Our current house is on mortgage too. Will I count as a home student? Looking forward to your response on the matter, Thank you.

p.s im 18, i lived in the uk till i was 14, left in year 10.

Hi there,

Can you please confirm your nationality? If you're not a British national what is your Home Office status?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please confirm your nationality? If you're not a British national what is your Home Office status?

Thanks, Graeme

I am a British National, i have dual nationality for pakistan as well, but in this case, its neccessary to know that i am indeed a british national
Original post by uzairk
I am a British National, i have dual nationality for pakistan as well, but in this case, its neccessary to know that i am indeed a british national

Thanks, based on what you've said you'll likely be classed as a home student, though we'll need you to apply first and we can then confirm this.

For example, time spent abroad in the three years prior to your course can be fine so long as it's temporary.

We'd recommend applying online here as soon as you're able, and we can confirm this.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending