The Student Room Group

Entry into University

I've had a rough two years during a levels, my father passed away during my AS year in 2014 and I didn't do as well achieving BCCC, I thought this year would be better but still have had disruptions and stress etc at home and I need ABB for uni, I don't think I will get as close to that, I've re taken lots of AS units while I think I've done okay It still wouldn't be enough. I'm really worried.. Do the universities offer leniency?
I think I might Get BBD In my a levels :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by K3001N
I've had a rough two years during a levels, my father passed away during my AS year in 2014 and I didn't do as well achieving BCCC, I thought this year would be better but still have had disruptions and stress etc at home and I need ABB for uni, I don't think I will get as close to that, I've re taken lots of AS units while I think I've done okay It still wouldn't be enough. I'm really worried.. Do the universities offer leniency?

Universities will be lenient where they can. They will only reject people with missed grades if they genuinely don't have the space or they know from experience that people with those grades aren't going to succeed on the course.

Are your universities aware of your situation? If not make sure you've filled in and sent off any forms explaining extenuating circumstances now. Don't wait until results day to explain the situation you've been dealing with.

BBD for an ABB offer is a long drop. Do you have a good insurance choice that you like? Or any other universities that you're interested in that might accept lower grades?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Universities will be lenient where they can. They will only reject people with missed grades if they genuinely don't have the space or they know from experience that people with those grades aren't going to succeed on the course.

Are your universities aware of your situation? If not make sure you've filled in and sent off any forms explaining extenuating circumstances now. Don't wait until results day to explain the situation you've been dealing with.

BBD for an ABB offer is a long drop. Do you have a good insurance choice that you like? Or any other universities that you're interested in that might accept lower grades?

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I've emailed them and my UCAS referee has put it into my reference, they said that it will be taken into account when the results are published. I have an insurance of BBB. I've also checked unistats and with the uni offering ABB they have accepted 15% of people in the past with BBC, I think I might end up with BBC but I'm still worried!! If all else fails would there be point in speaking to universities who do foundation years?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ

Also with the ABB course there's 78% BTEC entry whereas the rest is a level, and I'm doing science a levels, do unis differentiate between harder and easier qualifications?
Original post by K3001N

Sorry to hear you're feeling worried, that is completely normal. Sounds like you've taken some really good advice contacting your university. If you're still feeling anxious we've posted a thread on coping with stress that can help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4171051&p=65864277#post65864277

Good luck and fingers crossed!

Maddy - Birmingham City University
Reply 5
Original post by Birmingham City University
Sorry to hear you're feeling worried, that is completely normal. Sounds like you've taken some really good advice contacting your university. If you're still feeling anxious we've posted a thread on coping with stress that can help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4171051&p=65864277#post65864277

Good luck and fingers crossed!

Maddy - Birmingham City University

Thank you very much!! I hope all goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest