The Student Room Group

What happens if you get a full erection?

I've had erections but it's like I try to keep it held back. Like there's more to it than 'oh I've got an erection' but it's never happened to me.

Just wondering: what happens? I imagine it'd hurt because your willy-wonka would be pushed in by your trousers.
It just goes 'along' your trousers rather than attempting to go through them. What it's like depends on where it's pointing.

If it starts when your penis is pointing upwards, then all that happens is that it gets restricted to stay that way. IME, it's not unpleasant, and while you're aware you have an erection, depending on the tightness of the trousers and the visibility of your crotch, no-one else might notice.

If it starts when it's pointing downwards, then it's much less comfortable, especially if you're standing. Unless the trousers are extremely loose, people may well notice.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
It just goes 'along' your trousers rather than attempting to go through them. What it's like depends on where it's pointing.

If it starts when your penis is pointing upwards, then all that happens is that it gets restricted to stay that way. IME, it's not unpleasant, and while you're aware you have an erection, depending on the tightness of the trousers and the visibility of your crotch, no-one else might notice.

If it starts when it's pointing downwards, then it's much less comfortable, especially if you're standing. Unless the trousers are extremely loose, people may well notice.

But when I get the erections I get now it's like my penis opens up and becomes really delicate at the tip and hurts if it's pushed or something.
Reply 3
Actually, I've just realised what that is.... I've just looked at a graph and realised what an erection is meant to look like.

So far I've only ever had part A.

This looks like it's a process that really hurts. How does the C bit go back down to A again after? It goes over the foreskin doesn't it? Doesn't it get stuck or something?
No, it shouldn't hurt. Sometimes it needs to be pulled back before it will do C, but it's quite rare that any help is necessary to get from C to A, once the erection has gone - as the head gets smaller, it happens naturally.

Can you pull back your foreskin?
Reply 5
No, it shouldn't hurt. Sometimes it needs to be pulled back before it will do C, but it's quite rare that any help is necessary to get from C to A, once the erection has gone - as the head gets smaller, it happens naturally.

Can you pull back your foreskin?

I haven't tried and don't particularly want to, I'd imagine forcibly pulling it back would hurt as well. :tongue:

Another, kind of related question, when people masterbate (I've never this even though most people have by the time they're my age) is the penis at A, B or C whe they do this?

That graph has literally completely changed my perception of what an erection is.
Is this you??? Bro you could have asked me for advice
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jonnypiercy
Is this you??? Bro you could have asked me for advice

I know you have experience with you 6" girth but I dowt you have ever been erect.
Original post by Muirrrr
I know you have experience with you 6" girth but I dowt you have ever been erect.

Fuuuuu... mR
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't tried and don't particularly want to, I'd imagine forcibly pulling it back would hurt as well. :tongue:

If you yanked it back, it might, but it shouldn't hurt if you do it gently.

If you can't do it, it's doctor time - you'll probably be given some cream to make it easier.

Another, kind of related question, when people masturbate (I've never this even though most people have by the time they're my age) is the penis at A, B or C whe they do this?

If they're not circumcised, they usually use their hand (fist or thumb and forefinger or..) to repeatedly go between A or B and C.

I don't think there's any need for that, I don't want to do it and don't really care if I can or not. :smile:

If they're not circumcised, they usually use their hand (fist or thumb and forefinger or..) to repeatedly go between A or B and C.

Why do they want to do that? That sounds really not nice.
You can skip masturbating if you like, but in terms of keeping your penis clean, being able to retract your foreskin while your penis is soft is important. Otherwise you can't clean the white slightly slippy smegma that's produced there in varying quantities. Having a 'C' erection is also going to make partner sex easier when you have that.

Why do they want to do that?

Because it means you can stimulate the head of the penis (where most of the nerve endings are). Touching the head directly without lube can be too intense, but the foreskin is (should be) easy to move over the head without needing any.

It is nice :smile:
Then you have something called phymosis ie tight foreskin. If you really can't pull it back then you have to be very careful, you may get infections and might require a circumcision. Happened to my brother. I suggest you see a GP about it.
I wouldn't got to the GP if I were you unless you were worried about it. I had phimosis too when I was 15 (I only found out you were suppposed to be able to retract your foreskin at a sex ed class!), but I read online that doing a few "exercises?" like pulling back your foreskin as far as it goes and holding it there stretches your foreskin to how it should be (apparently masturbating helps too). This took a long time (a few months of doing it nearly once a night), but it worked for me. I'm now 18 and I can pull my foreskin back completely. Some people may tell you to get circumcised, but you really don't need to.
your penis blows up
just slowly pull it back a bit every time, eventually it becomes easier to do. If it's still really painful, go see your doctor.
Reply 16
"I wouldn't go to the GP...I read online"

Yep sound advice there 🙄 If your penis is getting pain and you can't experience a full erection then the GP rather than Google is your best option. If only so that you can learn how to keep your hygiene levels up. Nobody is going to be wanting to go near it if it's not clean.

I honestly don't get why people post on here for medical advice and expect anything other than see GP. The majority of us aren't doctors and we can't diagnose anything via a message board. Plus side, at least you have an idea of what your GP might say. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Quick Reply

Latest