The Student Room Group

When do universities take your tuition fees?

Is it at the start of your first semester or do they take it in instalments?

Because I plan to use a student finance loan and I heard they can take weeks to approve which might take me close to the start of term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They will require the first payment when you enrol. Most Unis will take installment payments but you should check this with the Uni concerned. Whether or not the Unis will 'wait' for late payments from SF - again check with the Uni.
Original post by returnmigrant
They will require the first payment when you enrol. Most Unis will take installment payments but you should check this with the Uni concerned. Whether or not the Unis will 'wait' for late payments from SF - again check with the Uni.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by davidguettafan
Is it at the start of your first semester or do they take it in instalments?

Because I plan to use a student finance loan and I heard they can take weeks to approve which might take me close to the start of term.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?

Payment plan varies from uni to uni and the information can be found on their websites.
Varies from uni to uni. I was told by Royal Holloway that I need 20% of the tuition fees just to enroll and they'll let me pay in installment according to when I get the student loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending