The Student Room Group

Foundation years and tuition fees

My question is, if you start a foundation year when tuition fees are 9250 but when you go to the first year the tuition fees have generally increased
Does that mean you have to pay 9250 or the new amount?
Original post by r_kkk
My question is, if you start a foundation year when tuition fees are 9250 but when you go to the first year the tuition fees have generally increased
Does that mean you have to pay 9250 or the new amount?

Hi there,

The capped amount is £9250, can you confirm what amount the university have advised they are charging you for your Tuition Fees?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

The capped amount is £9250, can you confirm what amount the university have advised they are charging you for your Tuition Fees?

Thanks, Clare

They are charging 9250.
But does capping an amount also apply to people who take a foundation year.
So for example
If I paid 9250 for my foundation year and by the time I reach my first year the government has raised the amount. Do I pay the original amount or a new amount
Original post by r_kkk
They are charging 9250.
But does capping an amount also apply to people who take a foundation year.
So for example
If I paid 9250 for my foundation year and by the time I reach my first year the government has raised the amount. Do I pay the original amount or a new amount

Hi r_kkk,

What new amount are you referring to? If you aren't sure, it would be best double checking with the university as it is them who are charging the amounts. I may be able to check this however, you will need to confirm the name of the course, the university and duration.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending