The Student Room Group

Concerned about payment

I applied for student finance on the 2nd September after getting into university through clearing. I received an email saying my entitlement has been updated a few days later but nothing has come up on my account. The expected update date has now been pushed back to 9th October (was previously around 20th September) and I'm concerned about how long it will take for everything to go through after that date, or whether i will need to provide more evidence as my parents are divorced. My rent is due on the 31st October. Anything I can do?
Original post by m214123
I applied for student finance on the 2nd September after getting into university through clearing. I received an email saying my entitlement has been updated a few days later but nothing has come up on my account. The expected update date has now been pushed back to 9th October (was previously around 20th September) and I'm concerned about how long it will take for everything to go through after that date, or whether i will need to provide more evidence as my parents are divorced. My rent is due on the 31st October. Anything I can do?

Hi there,

Our timescales are estimates based on current workflows. Applications do take 6-8 weeks to process at this time. This is due to late applications and students making changes to their course, university - and as such it's our 'peak' period. This is an estimated timescale based on current workflows. If you monitor your account for this updating. You can track the progress by following this video linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo. If you also speak with the university to see if they have any emergency funding in place in the meantime to assist you with. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Based on when I applied should I still receive the minimum amount earlier even if my income assessment hasn't been processed yet?

Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Our timescales are estimates based on current workflows. Applications do take 6-8 weeks to process at this time. This is due to late applications and students making changes to their course, university - and as such it's our 'peak' period. This is an estimated timescale based on current workflows. If you monitor your account for this updating. You can track the progress by following this video linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo. If you also speak with the university to see if they have any emergency funding in place in the meantime to assist you with. Thanks, Jason
Original post by m214123
Based on when I applied should I still receive the minimum amount earlier even if my income assessment hasn't been processed yet?

Hi there,

Unless it's automatically went together to be processed and your application was previously pended for the income assessment. If it had been then it likely will have updated at the same time. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Unless it's automatically went together to be processed and your application was previously pended for the income assessment. If it had been then it likely will have updated at the same time. Thanks, Jason

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Do you mean that when my application updates on the 9th October it will show both the minimum and income assessed loan, and I won't receive any payment before that date?
Also, how do I know whether my tuition fees are being paid? Will that also be updated on the 9th October? If so should I contact my university about potential late payment of the tuition fees?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by m214123
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Do you mean that when my application updates on the 9th October it will show both the minimum and income assessed loan, and I won't receive any payment before that date?
Also, how do I know whether my tuition fees are being paid? Will that also be updated on the 9th October? If so should I contact my university about potential late payment of the tuition fees?

Yes, if its processed around the 9th it would be for the maximum. If you've requested the fees then these will be updated too around the 9th. We will pay them directly to the university once they 'confirm your attendance' and are typically scheduled to be paid midway through each term. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending