The Student Room Group

IB Results and UCAS Track

Hi!

So results are out in a few days and I was wondering if anyone knew if the UCAS Track would be updated on the day (or the day before, because I know the results are released to schools ect before) or if it would take a day or two and would require a call to the uni to find out if they will still offer me a place (given I've missed my offer). As far as I know the track updates in the morning for those who have A-Level results so I just wanted to know if its the same.

Thanks
Ucas gets results usually a few days before you do but won't update anything until the results are out to the students.

If track doesn't update once your grades have been released & you missed your offer, you might want to call the uni up as that means they're most likely deciding on whether to give you the place or not
Reply 2
Hey
Well apparently as the results are done or whatever the day before so the universities and UCAS can access them, that your universities can email you the day before results to tell you if you have gotten a place, and to do so you have to do it through UCAS... however I have not yet found out how to do this nor can the people who told me this information.... so its probably a rumour :L
Mel xx
Reply 3
Thanks both ! Guess we just need to wait to see what happens :s-smilie:
Original post by Fi101
Thanks both ! Guess we just need to wait to see what happens :s-smilie:

Did your Track update?
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra
Did your Track update?

Nope nothing :K
Original post by Fi101
Nope nothing :K

Did you meet your offer? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by She-Ra
Did you meet your offer? :smile:

Sadly missed my offer by 1 point, called them but they don't have the results yet so I need to wait up to a week before I find out or can call them again
Original post by Fi101
Sadly missed my offer by 1 point, called them but they don't have the results yet so I need to wait up to a week before I find out or can call them again

Ok, well I have everything crossed for you :h:

I don't understand why they don't have your results, I would give UCAS a call and see if they have them - they should have been fed through the system by now to UCAS and UCAS to the uni.

Bear in mind that even if they do get their results, they might be able to confirm your place until A-level results day :redface:

I hope you find out soon :smile:
Original post by Fi101

They're ********ting you.

UCAS sent the IB results to universities last night.
Reply 10
I reached my firm offer, but UCAS has still not updated :confused: Should I be worried? Should I send my results in by email just in case?
Original post by minä
I reached my firm offer, but UCAS has still not updated :confused: Should I be worried? Should I send my results in by email just in case?

Just phone your firm university tomorrow and ask when track will update.
umm guys, I met the requirements for my firm choice but this morning track updated with a message saying my place in my insurance has been confirmed as long as I don't meet the requirements of my firm choice (I know this means there is no problem as of now but this is still a bit worrying). I've had no updates from my firm choice. What should I do? I thought they're not allowed to pull back if I meet their conditions. Should I wait for an update from my firm choice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by theredviper
umm guys, I met the requirements for my firm choice but this morning track updated with a message saying my place in my insurance has been confirmed as long as I don't meet the requirements of my firm choice (I know this means there is no problem as of now but this is still a bit worrying). I've had no updates from my firm choice. What should I do? I thought they're not allowed to pull back if I meet their conditions. Should I wait for an update from my firm choice?

It sounds like your insurance choice are on the ball and your firm are slow (or haven't noticed that the IB results have arrived).

Contact your firm and ask them when your place will be confirmed. It shouldn't be a problem if you've met your conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending