The Student Room Group

Girls which would you pick? humour or good looks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I feel you, sorry man.

its ok fam we can learn good comedic timing :')
Humour. I need someone that will bounce off my banter.
Humour. Someone who is funny and has a good personality can make them seem more attractive. It also works the other way round, if I chose looks and the person couldn't make me laugh I'd lose interest and wouldn't find them attractive any more.
Original post by zanner
its ok fam we can learn good comedic timing :':wink:

Girls laugh with my face (ouch) and mannerisms so it's not entirely true that I'm not funny. It's just not the kind of funny you want to be.
Good looks.

I personally don't really hold humour in that high regard, though. Maybe if it were between good looks and something more important, like money :colone: I'm kidding.
Girls laugh with my face (ouch) and mannerisms so it's not entirely true that I'm not funny. It's just not the kind of funny you want to be.

You make it sounds like your mannerisms are weird..Are they?
You make it sounds like your mannerisms are weird..Are they?

I've a very expressive face and some girls find it funny that's all.
Reply 27
humour 100%
I've a very expressive face and some girls find it funny that's all.

An expressive face is good though! Well I probably prefer it as mine is dead.. you can never tell emotion through mine.In what situation do they end up laughing?
John Stewart, unconventionally attractive type! There is something incredibly attractive about a good sense of humour, and light heartedness.

Although. Nothing turns me off more than a **** who thinks laddish, banterous, taking things too far and putting down others constitutes a sense of humour. Probably one of the biggest turn offs.

Nothing worse.
An expressive face is good though! Well I probably prefer it as mine is dead.. you can never tell emotion through mine.In what situation do they end up laughing?

I can't tell if it's good or not because I don't know if they laugh with me or at me.

I didn't know I made any expressions, it happens unconsciously. One girl used to annoy me on purpose because she thought I made funny faces when I got annoyed or surprised. Stuff like that.
I can't tell if it's good or not because I don't know if they laugh with me or at me.

I didn't know I made any expressions, it happens unconsciously. One girl used to annoy me on purpose because she thought I made funny faces when I got annoyed or surprised. Stuff like that.

Ah well I prefer people like that. They often make situations light hearted. I'm sure they're not laughing at you. I have a friend like that whose personality I love to bits. Personally, I prefer humour over good looks.
When you're in a relationship with someone, you'll spend a lot of time with them so for some people, having a funny partner is really important (not as important as I thought though)

You don't have to answer this but have you ever been in a relationship with a boy?

Yeah i know but i will be around my friends a lot too and nope
(edited 7 years ago)
If you had to pick a guy who was classically handsome good looking (Jon Hamm-type?) but serious guy or quirky, unconventionally attractive funny guy (John Stewart-type?), who would you pick?

The examples are sort of random. You don't have to like Hamm or Stewart specifically.

Women more likely to pick good looks, especially the younger she is.

Also women are generally not funny themselves, so conceited of them to demand humour from others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Humour because it automatically makes a person look more attractive.

And besides, you are eventually going to get tired of the person's looks so the answer is pretty straightforward.
Reply 35
You need to be bloody funny (successful stand up at Edinburgh Festival level) for humour to match up to looks.
Good looks, because I don't think a person is boring just because they're not funny. We can have the most scintillating conversation without cracking a single joke, and I would be perfectly content with their company, though a bit of Wildean wit wouldn't hurt.:yep:
I'd go for the funny guy. Looks are important for the initial attraction but for something deeper and more meaningful, I'd have to be with someone who makes me laugh, brightens up my day and who I feel comfortable with and looks have nothing to do with that.
idk why people ask these sorts of questions, most people are gonna aspire towards having a bit of both, and then the looks thing is wholly subjective anyway.

So is humour, to an extent...

god this all means nothing actually. amazing.
I'd say humour because I love jokes and stuff. I'd prefer the guy to be average looking though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending