The Student Room Group

Second degree - medicine

Can you help me?

I already have a degree (BA 1996 Languages) and an MPhil (1998 Archaeology) though I didn't use Student loans for funding of any sort. After a stint in the military, I now want a complete change in career and study medicine (2017 entry).

However, this is dependant upon funding as without it I couldn't do it - I've read funding is for first degrees only, so am I likely to be able to get a loan for fees and maintenance or will I get nothing?

I have a wife and 2 children if this helps!

Thanks
Original post by Noregrets72
Can you help me?

I already have a degree (BA 1996 Languages) and an MPhil (1998 Archaeology) though I didn't use Student loans for funding of any sort. After a stint in the military, I now want a complete change in career and study medicine (2017 entry).

However, this is dependant upon funding as without it I couldn't do it - I've read funding is for first degrees only, so am I likely to be able to get a loan for fees and maintenance or will I get nothing?

I have a wife and 2 children if this helps!

Thanks

This website has a lot of information and should explain things more succinctly than I can. http://www.money4medstudents.org/medcine-as-a-second-degree

But basically yes you can get funding if you do graduate-entry medicine, although in the first year you will need to pay £3,465 of your fees yourself.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending