The Student Room Group

Second degree loan

So I’m contemplating doing a second undergraduate degree but I’m not sure if I will qualify for funding through SFE. The course is part time and in Cyber security with the open university would this be applicable for a second tuition and maintenance loan?
Original post by Robynheavens
So I’m contemplating doing a second undergraduate degree but I’m not sure if I will qualify for funding through SFE. The course is part time and in Cyber security with the open university would this be applicable for a second tuition and maintenance loan?

Hi there,

The course Cyber Security is not classed as an exception course.
Below is a list of part time courses that are eligible for funding as a 2nd degree:
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there,

The course Cyber Security is not classed as an exception course.
Below is a list of part time courses that are eligible for funding as a 2nd degree:
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Angela

Hey Angela,

thanks for letting me know this. I had already applied for a student finance loan before finding this forum and they are still reviewing the application. Should I just cancel this application or is there a chance it may be approved?

thanks,

Robyn
Original post by Robynheavens
Hey Angela,

thanks for letting me know this. I had already applied for a student finance loan before finding this forum and they are still reviewing the application. Should I just cancel this application or is there a chance it may be approved?

thanks,

Robyn

Hi Robyn, The course details maybe linked to computing, so I would allow it to be reviewed. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending