The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tinawu
I would love to be taller! Tall people pull off clothes so much better!

That's as may be, but it also takes them longer.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Wtf your like a model's height! Tall girls are attractive. Why on earth would you want to be shorter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Presumably so she doesn't "tower over him in heels", or some similar such eyeroll-inducing idiocy.
Original post by tinawu
I would love to be taller! Tall people pull off clothes so much better!

:wink::wink:
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah cut both your legs off

:colone:
Original post by sleepysnooze
nope. no you can't. you can technically get surgery to make yourself taller...but not shorter

You can have it done both ways if you've got legs that aren't equal lengths.

Not recommend though if not needed and I doubt you'd find a doctor willing to do it.
If young enough then malnutrition is an option to stop yourself growing any taller, again not recommended.
Original post by Clueless<3
Hi!

I read online that if I started doing squatting and lunging exercises it might be possible to get a little bit shorter? I was planning on giving this a try! Can anyone recommend how many of each I should do each day to get shorter? Also, is there anything else I can do e.g. avoid some foods/drinks, other exercises, to get smaller? It's not a massive deal if I can't get any smaller, but I thought I might as well give it a go. Any ideas would be helpful. I am female if that helps :smile:

Thank you for your help!x

Yeah give me a couple of inches.
Omg, I wish I could be tall as you! Tall girl and tall guy= attractive couple:biggrin: embrace your height, nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesN88
If young enough then malnutrition is an option to stop yourself growing any taller, again not recommended.

what type of advice is this
Reply 30
Original post by Hashtosh302

What type of question did OP ask? Stupid questions get stupid answers!
Original post by Hashtosh302

Original post by Petrue
What type of question did OP ask? Stupid questions get stupid answers!

This.
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
There's no reason to (I'm also 5'8" and I've not found any problems with it)

But if you really insist, drinking coffee is supposed to stunt your growth and squatting weights may compress your spine so that you'll be minutely shorter.

In the end of the day you're the height that you are and you should embrace it, we're not even that tall tbh.

I don't hate my height, but I think it's normal for some people to have little things they want to change about themselves? Or maybe that's just me?! Anyway, thank you for your reply - I will give this a go :smile:x
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
we're not even that tall tbh.

For a girl, you're one of the tallest it gets.
Imagine how 5 foot girls feel when you say 5'8 is not even that tall?
Hi!

I read online that if I started doing squatting and lunging exercises it might be possible to get a little bit shorter? I was planning on giving this a try! Can anyone recommend how many of each I should do each day to get shorter? Also, is there anything else I can do e.g. avoid some foods/drinks, other exercises, to get smaller? It's not a massive deal if I can't get any smaller, but I thought I might as well give it a go. Any ideas would be helpful. I am female if that helps :smile:

Thank you for your help!x

Why on earth would anyone want to be shorter? Height is awesome
Original post by Anonymous
I am 5"8 :smile:

(I hope I've posted this in the right place, I don't really ask questions or go on here!)x

wow ur my height :biggrin:
If anything OP, depending on your age, squatting might actually help you get slightly bigger because of the added bone density and healthy levels of growth hormone/testosterone from weight training (assuming you eat properly).

Either way, 5'8 is a great height if you're female and a couple of inches more than that is just as good (I think the average model height is 5'9).
I am 5"8 :smile:

(I hope I've posted this in the right place, I don't really ask questions or go on here!)x

That's not even tall it's perfect height for most girls
I’m 5”11 n I’m only 14
I’m 6ft and a girl. It’s horrid and I hate it more than anything, If anyone seriously knows how to make myself appear smaller or anything I need your advice. I’m only 15 as well :/

Latest

Trending

Trending