The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

WTF my parents are strict Muslims and would never do something like that

also make them watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTirKMbvIY
It's not regarded an "Islamic" marriage unless you consent it.
That's what I've been taught at school anyway
Original post by Aliyaxo
I'm 15 and my strict muslim parents were planning on getting me married earlier this summer , but the guy who they wanted to marry me off too said he'll only marry me when I'm 16, and my parents know I don't want to get married but apparently I have no choice because my family think I'm a **** and lots of other stuff. I'm not allowed out, don't have a phone that they know about - have a secret one though, I'm literally in a prison but the problem isnnow I think they've found someone and are gonna get me married but aren't telling me this time and im scared

You should tell your parents what they are doing goes completely against islam (be respectful when you are speaking to them). If this continues just remember you can tell the authorities but use that as a last resort. God I can't imagine my sister being forcefully married to someone she hasn't even met. Remember tell them their mistake in a calm way and stay strong.
Original post by Aliyaxo
I'm 15 and my strict muslim parents were planning on getting me married earlier this summer , but the guy who they wanted to marry me off too said he'll only marry me when I'm 16, and my parents know I don't want to get married but apparently I have no choice because my family think I'm a **** and lots of other stuff. I'm not allowed out, don't have a phone that they know about - have a secret one though, I'm literally in a prison but the problem isnnow I think they've found someone and are gonna get me married but aren't telling me this time and im scared

Also your parents just care more about what people think than what Islam actually says.
Reply 5
I've tried to tell them it's haram , they don't listen.
Reply 6
go to the police
Original post by Aliyaxo

I know you're very young and at this age it feels like your parents words are the law... But honestly, if they force you to do ANYTHING without your consent, you should go to the police.

Forced marriage is illegal in the UK, and no 16 year old girl should have to go through such an ordeal without her consent.

If your parents think this is the way to go in life they clearly do not know how to raise a daughter or how to act in your best interests.

Good luck
Reply 8
If my parents found out I told someone they'd probably kill me
Please call the police immediately.

Look after yourself-
Call the Forced Marriage Unit immediately. This has been set up by the government to protect people in your situation.

Forced Marriage Unit
[email protected]
Telephone: 020 7008 0151
From overseas: +44 (0)20 7008 0151
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Out of hours: 020 7008 1500 (ask for the Global Response Centre)
Original post by Aliyaxo
If my parents found out I told someone they'd probably kill me

Your parents are not fit to be parents.
Reply 12
Original post by !!mentor!!
Call the Forced Marriage Unit immediately. This has been set up by the government to protect people in your situation.

Forced Marriage Unit
[email protected]
Telephone: 020 7008 0151
From overseas: +44 (0)20 7008 0151
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Out of hours: 020 7008 1500 (ask for the Global Response Centre)

If I was to call them wouldn't my parents find out
Original post by Aliyaxo

Use your secret phone :biggrin:
Reply 14
Forced marriage is invalid and haraam in Islam so tell your parents they would be sinning anyway and making you sin at the time same time by putting you into a haraam relationship with a man.
Original post by Aliyaxo
I don't want to get married but apparently I have no choice because my family think I'm a ****

why on earth do your family think that about you?

in this situation it sounds as if marriage is the lesser of two evils. why not marry the guy, divorce him and then live independently?
Reply 16
becsuse the guy lives in Pakistan meaning id get sent back there and I'm 15
Reply 17
And because I'm too 'westernised'
Reply 18
Original post by Aliyaxo
becsuse the guy lives in Pakistan meaning id get sent back there and I'm 15

you really need to get the police involved, who cares what happens to your parents
Original post by Aliyaxo

Nope. They would not disclose details of any calls they receive.
Now, you can keep asking "what if...what if...what if" or if you want help you can call the numbers i provided. Help is at the end of those numbers.

Latest

Trending

Trending