The Student Room Group

Will Universities accept me?

I'm an AS Student that has just received my grades recently and didn't do so well in physics (E) but I got an (A) in Maths and (C) in Chemistry. I want to do Mechanical Engineering but they want 3 A's and above for A2.

Will the universities push me aside since I didn't get good enough AS result?
How exactly will they assess me?

Thank you
Reply 1
You should be okay.

Just remember vastly different predictions to AS grades don't look too convincing.

If you get a C and you're predicted an A*, they might look at that and go "really?". However if say you got A/B in all units but one in which you got a U, any person can see you just had a bad day so don't get too bogged down!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by AStudentHeh
I'm an AS Student that has just received my grades recently and didn't do so well in physics (E) but I got an (A) in Maths and (C) in Chemistry. I want to do Mechanical Engineering but they want 3 A's and above for A2.

Will the universities push me aside since I didn't get good enough AS result?
How exactly will they assess me?

Thank you

Resit the Physics if I were you. Then you won't have too much to worry about.

On UCAS, if you're resitting a module, you just put pending grade or whatever which says to them you'll be resitting that module/exam. So even with an E at AS, and you're predicted a B overall, then they'll understand.

But now that you didn't get AAA or BBB in your AS, you need to be a lot more realistic. It's very ambitious to apply to a uni asking AAA and above. It almost makes no sense in applying hun because your grades are a little bit all over the shop. But nothing wrong with being ambitious as long as you don't apply to other unis asking for the same, otherwise you stand little-to-no chance.

Unis give out offers based on AS results, A-level predicted grades, your PS statement and your referees by your school/teachers.

Quick Reply

Latest