The Student Room Group

Should it be a girls responsibility to buy condoms?

Scroll to see replies

In an ideal world girl would do pill guy would have condom on but the pill can have side effects on women I know of one who doesn't have a period for months whilst on the pill then for ages she's heavily on her period.

For some reason I wouldn't mind if a girl was buying condoms but a guy doing it makes me giggle but I guess I'm immature that way.
This thread is why I'm glad I'm saving it until marriage :laugh:
Reply 82
Original post by Nimrahk123
I don't think I know any guy who has had the balls to get condoms, I've found mainly girls do it.

I got some for free from Nightline, it was so awks.
Just knocking the door, being like

"can I haz condoms"

"yeh"

*takes condoms*
*leaves*
Original post by bassbabe
It's your dick. Your responsibility. And you can get condoms for free so there's no excuse not to have one.

It's your vagina the dick is going into... *How can you trust someone else to ensure you don't get an STI or an unwanted pregnancy when you are going to be the one living with the consequences? *Who will you blame if you get HIV when "you can get condoms for free so there's no excuse not to have one"?
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Dat feel when you're doing this and a guy walks in tho

Original post by Anonymous
It's not hard and doesn't require "balls" to get condoms. Many places give them out for free and both my boyfriend and I get them, though I tend to just buy them (soon to be ldr and can't get them as easily for free where I'll be) and he gets the free ones.

Says the anonymous poster :biggrin:

Ahh tsr such a funny place
Both parties should be responsible. I'm on the pill as well as buying condoms to keep at my house, and then my partner buys some to keep at his house. just makes more sense to both be responsible.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm a girl, I got them off Amazon and when they arrived I checked to make sure that the box was unopened and that they were sealed etc. Also bought another pack at the supermarket with the rest of the shopping, I don't think the cashiers really mind or pay attention to them - think of how many people they serve each day.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 88
He should be responsible for his own health. If he wants to have sex and doesn't want an STD then he should go get some condoms. Equally the female should make sure it's all protected before anything goes in her:banana:
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Should be the woman's responsibility as she is the one who has potential to fall pregnant she should be the one preventing that.

so what if the man has an std? is it not then his responsibility to avoid spreading it further? I would hope that someone who can't refrain from sex until their std has at least been treated would have the decency to not inflict it upon others....
Original post by Anonymous
It's your vagina the dick is going into... *How can you trust someone else to ensure you don't get an STI or an unwanted pregnancy when you are going to be the one living with the consequences? *Who will you blame if you get HIV when "you can get condoms for free so there's no excuse not to have one"?

ZZZZzzzz
Reply 91
both parties can get STDs and both parties suffer from unwanted pregnancy.
If its casual sex, then both girl and guy should have condoms on them and not rely on the other party to supply them. However, if its a relationship then you should work out a system that work for you. For example take turns in buying or switch to alternative method.

I really don't get the point of this discussion, if you dont want an STD or a child then get a condom yourself. You can get it for free nowadays and even if you can't then they aren't that expensive if you consider costs of treating the unwanted consequences.
Every time a man ejaculates inside a woman , he loses the choice over whether nor not he becomes a father.

How have you got t the age of 16 and not worked out this basic fact ?
Obviously a guy should bye condom becoz he is more desperate about sex more than a girl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending