The Student Room Group

What is your opinion on this situation.

Hi,
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this situation. I am a 3rd student on a full time education studies course and have been timetabled for 4/5 hours a week. There is 4 modules for the whole year.

Does anyone else find this ridiculous?!
Reply 1
Original post by swhite526
Hi,
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this situation. I am a 3rd student on a full time education studies course and have been timetabled for 4/5 hours a week. There is 4 modules for the whole year.

4 taught modules + a double-weighted dissertation (= 2 modules) is standard for a final year. You are obviously expected to do a lot of independent learning and reading. Make sure you understand what is expected of you - if you don't, ask your course leader. On a scientific subject you may be expected to be taking on more independent lab work. For a Humanities subject, your reading lists are probably looking quite majestic by now.

With all that "spare" time, you should be able to put a lot of energy into your dissertation, coursework and exam revision.*
Original post by swhite526
Hi,

Hello :smile:

I wouldn't say this is ridiculous. As you move into Third Year the contact hours do shrink down as you are meant to be doing more independent work. Even with that many modules - the contact hours will be about getting you started and giving you the push in the right direction - I'm only in around 7/8 hours a week in a week for three different modules in the first term and then a different three in the second term.

It's just about the independent learning - try not to let it overwhelm you too much.

Best of luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending