The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

' Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. ' ~ Oscar Wilde
"Time spent wishing is time wasted" - The Janitor from Scrubs.

In other words, if you want your life to change then you have to change it today.

Scrubs has the best quotes :smile:
"We've all got light and dark inside us. What matter is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are."
You can't break a man who's already broken - bruce banner (aka the original hulk)
It feels so close to me, yet i can’t grasp it even if i extend my hands. Even so Even if i can’t reach it there are things that will stay in my heart. Being in the same time and looking up at the same sky, If i can remember that, I will run forward. If i set my goal far enough, then someday .. I’ll be able to reach what I aimed for.
happiness comes to those who still hope when they are disappointed,
to those who still believe even when they have been betrayed,
to those who still love even when they have been scorned in the past,
and to those with no regrets when they stare into the future
Original post by Matrix123
"We've all got light and dark inside us. What matter is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are."

The light and dark are not discreet entities inside us tho, its more like shades of grey (50 of them), what if we think we're acting on the light side but its a dark decision truly? :holmes:
Original post by ForestShadow
The light and dark are not discreet entities inside us tho, its more like shades of grey (50 of them), what if we think we're acting on the light side but its a dark decision truly? :holmes:

I agree with the first bit, but after careful consideration, I'm sure you could eventually determine which are more light than dark (oh, and exactly 50? :K:) I did think of this before but I quite liked the quote so I posted it anyway :mmm:
I agree with the first bit, but after careful consideration, I'm sure you could eventually determine which are more light than dark (oh, and exactly 50? :K:) I did think of this before but I quite liked the quote so I posted it anyway :mmm:

But how does one determine which are more light and dark. The 'careful consideration' is already mixed up with media/social influences, past experiences, any religious factors, bias and prejudice, numerous base human fallacies and anomalous situations, the list is endless :holmes:. I guess we just try to be the best version of ourselves and let it go. We cant hold it back anymore :007:

Ofc exactly 50, it seemed like a good round number unless you prefer say....420 or 69?

And Im not hating on your post at all, Im just annoyingly philosophical :h:
Original post by ForestShadow
But how does one determine which are more light and dark. The 'careful consideration' is already mixed up with media/social influences, past experiences, any religious factors, bias and prejudice, numerous base human fallacies and anomalous situations, the list is endless :holmes:. I guess we just try to be the best version of ourselves and let it go. We cant hold it back anymore :007:Ofc exactly 50, it seemed like a good round number unless you prefer say....420 or 69?And Im not hating on your post at all, Im just annoyingly philosophical :h:

Haha, that's true. I guess the determination of whether certain characteristics are light or dark depend on many factors, such as those that you have mentioned. So, yes, one could deem a certain quality as light but someone else could view it as dark. At the end of the day, we all have both good and bad within us, whether part of our good acts as another person's bad or vice versa.

Haha, it does :tongue: Hmmm, 69 seems too odd but I don't understand the 420...maybe it's best to not know :getmecoat:

Haha OK, see I think that's a good quality to have! :u: Someone may disagree but yeah :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

I feel like they've made me 10x weaker
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
Original post by ozmo19
I feel like they've made me 10x weaker

It'll feel that way in the beginning, and if you don't do anything to overcome them. Ngl, I kind of feel the way you do rn but it's about learning as much as possible from the experience, moving on and using it as an advantage.
"Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now,but it can't rain forever"

This has helped me in life A LOT 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get busy living or get busy dying - shawshank redemption

Quick Reply

Latest