The Student Room Group

Apple MacBook - paying through PayPal?

Hi, basically I wanted to buy an Apple MacBook and obviously it's super expensive.
And he recommend was the PayPal scheme with 0% interest over 4 months?! After 4 months, it would be added interest.
So I would have to pay £240 a month instead.
Has anyone been through this scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to get accepted for the apple scheme...they do full credit checks and everything
Just wait until you have the money.
Original post by Jackieox
You have to get accepted for the apple scheme...they do full credit checks and everything

Oh okay that's so long 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly you could get much better than a macbook for less, look around and don't tie yourself down to one company

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemonzest_
Honestly you could get much better than a macbook for less, look around and don't tie yourself down to one company

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm open to other choices.
What else do you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ASUS X556UA-DM326T 15.6-Inch Notebook. It has 8GB of RAM, a 1TB Harddrive, an Intel i7 CPU. It is thin and is a very respectable £500. It stomps anything Apple makes for that price. I can help you look around if you want something specific but you buy Apple products for the name only.
Original post by Lemonzest_
ASUS X556UA-DM326T 15.6-Inch Notebook. It has 8GB of RAM, a 1TB Harddrive, an Intel i7 CPU. It is thin and is a very respectable £500. It stomps anything Apple makes for that price. I can help you look around if you want something specific but you buy Apple products for the name only.

I disagree with your assertion that people buy Apple products for the name. I chose a Macbook because it is so much simpler to use than the windows software which is required on other devices. Also, it has built in anti-virus which means my Macbook doesn't get slow and congested after just a few years of buying it. For university students Apple's Macbook is honestly the best and the most easy and convenient device. If you don't have the money, then you should buy a cheaper device but I would recommend a Macbook to anyone who has the money.
So having preinstalled antivirus and it being subjectively "easier and better" to use make up for the £1200 and up price tag for a new macbook worth it. Windows has preinstalled antivirus too. How about we leave that and see what components are in a macbook that make it worth the price? For a £1200 12" macbook you get an intel core m3 at 1.2ghz, 8gb of ram and a 512gb solid state drive, what part of that is worth the price tag?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending