The Student Room Group

What percentage do you have to get in your modules to get an A* in maths A-level ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nonamebzja
Haha, thats great , i was lucky to get a C🙈
Good thing there is no d2 😂😂

There is, well at least for Edexcel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Guys... I got 299/300 UMS for AS Maths this year, does this mean I will only need 1 UMS in M1 next year as well as 180 across C3/4? Lmaoooo

no you will get a U

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys... I got 299/300 UMS for AS Maths this year, does this mean I will only need 1 UMS in M1 next year as well as 180 across C3/4? Lmaoooo

Yes,but bear in mind that if you are doing fm that the modules can move around so m1 could be in your fm
(edited 7 years ago)
But there is a D2?

Oh lol didnt know that , i guess we just dont do it in our school , btw well done great results
Okay so i got the following ums marks:
C1:93
C2:83
C3:84
C4:94
M1:84
M2:61

Okay say i wanted to get an A* would you recommend me sitting
A C3 exam
A C4 exam
Or both C3 & C4 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by English-help

C3:84
C4:94

Okay say i wanted to get an A* would you recommend me sitting
A C3 exam
A C4 exam
Or both C3 & C4 exam?

C3 if you must.
Original post by Compost
C3 if you must.

Okay but say i resat C3 but it was a hard exam then:/ so if i resat both C3 & c4 & i get 80ums does my 84 ums in C3 count so i only need 96 in c4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay but say i resat C3 but it was a hard exam then:/ so if i resat both C3 & c4 & i get 80ums does my 84 ums in C3 count so i only need 96 in c4?

If you don't want advice then don't ask for it. Personally I wouldn't bother re-sitting. However, to clarify the rules again you need at least 180 from your best attempt at C3 and your best attempt at C4 whenever they are taken. It is that simple.
Original post by Compost
If you don't want advice then don't ask for it. Personally I wouldn't bother re-sitting. However, to clarify the rules again you need at least 180 from your best attempt at C3 and your best attempt at C4 whenever they are taken. It is that simple.

Well sorry. Well ive got an A? Im only 2 ums marks off an A* so id rather resit at least 1 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well sorry. Well ive got an A? Im only 2 ums marks off an A* so id rather resit at least 1 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you did worse in a C3 resit then yes, your old grade would count and you need 96 or more in C4.

But honestly, I would in that situation just resit C3 as suggested and spend the time that you would have learning C4 to an 'A* standard' on C3 (I found it to be the easier of the two modules but I appreciate that everyone has different strengths) it kind of maximises your chance of success, in my view at least.
Original post by SeanFM
If you did worse in a C3 resit then yes, your old grade would count and you need 96 or more in C4.

But honestly, I would in that situation just resit C3 as suggested and spend the time that you would have learning C4 to an 'A* standard' on C3 (I found it to be the easier of the two modules but I appreciate that everyone has different strengths) it kind of maximises your chance of success, in my view at least.

Ahh okay , im just better at C4 tbh!

Quick Reply

Latest