The Student Room Group

Economics or Computer Science

Scroll to see replies

Economics.
Computer Science because I want to do Economics and therefore you are technically competition.

Economics is great. Who needs computers anyway?
Reply 42
Original post by TrojanH
lads

i rep 110kg

fight my weak comp sci ass

I DL 2pl8 and study Comp Sci if that counts
Original post by Alexoso
I DL 2pl8 and study Comp Sci if that counts

Good lad. It counts.
Reply 44
Original post by TrojanH
Good lad. It counts.

Feels good man
Original post by Ladbants
Compsci won't get you pussy
Economics will

Judging that you determine whether someone get pussy by the subject they choose, I can clearly see you get none for yourself :smile:
Original post by Ladbants
All the people I know who do compsci bicep curl less than 10kg.
Econ lads lift more on average.

solution
do cs and lift

pussy and moneyzz
Reply 47
Original post by BasicMistake
Computer Science because I want to do Economics and therefore you are technically competition.

Economics is great. Who needs computers anyway?

LOOL tru my C is the only thing stopping me tbh

As for cs
Its

LOOOOL tru
Was in the exact same position as you last year, and I actually changed due to year 13 economics, it was just plain boring, whereas maths was much more fun.

My best advice would go to taster lectures, as I live in london there were lots and the economics ones for boring for me whereas the compsci ones were interesting.
Original post by TrojanH
My god you read 'Oxford grad' and rushed to get your nose all brown. Form your own opinions.

What?
Reply 50
Original post by kingLAWZA
Was in the exact same position as you last year, and I actually changed due to year 13 economics, it was just plain boring, whereas maths was much more fun.

My best advice would go to taster lectures, as I live in london there were lots and the economics ones for boring for me whereas the compsci ones were interesting.

ah yea that's a good idea tysm
Reply 51
Original post by Yaboi
My degree was in Econ (got a 1st) from a pretty rubbish RG uni.

Do Compsci

oh ii see
mhm okay yea i think imma do cs

any tips for personal statements???
Original post by squish562
The only people doing compsci are the ones too awkward to study economics and do finance jobs

To awkward? There is more group work and communication required in a CS degree than economics, in economics you just read out a text book in the library in silence .
This is very misleading lmfao, i know a good 5-6 people from De Montfort and a few from Leicester Uni as well who did BA Economics degrees and are comfortably on 27-29k first job starting salaries in high finance roles, which will increase a lot by the second year in top places like Disney and IBM. So it must be far from 'very very few' students if i know 7-8 personally lol.

People placing far to much emphasis on a uni when in reality it'll be the poor people skills in interviews that let them down, not a uni.

So OP, don't choose not to study economics just because it's not at at an elite uni because outside of the top 15, there are 68 other unis that do economics, and i'm pretty sure the grads do just fine if you get a first or 2:1, work on interview skills and have extra circulars.
I would understand if you're talking about Law and give this message, but in terms of economics grads do just fine
(edited 7 years ago)
Computer Science is single handlely the best degree you can possibly study...it has even over taken degrees such as maths/physics. It’s extremely applicable and from the top CS universities you’re pretty much guaranteed a job with a decent salary if you do Computer Science/Artifical Intelligence. CS is a subset of mathematics that’s actually making a difference on society. In the US computer science is the most impacted major you can do. In fact some schools have a lottery system in order to admit you to the major once you meet their gpa cut off point because CS is that popular . Computer Science is the future. Surgeons are being taken over by robots who can do their jobs x2 as efficiently. No degree out there is currently as well advanced as computer science is at the moment...this course is the future. At the top universities you study discrete mathematical reasoning, linear algebra, tons of programming assignments on hardcore machine learning that makes history essays look a bit easy. British people are clueless as to what is the best degree out there. Americans are fully aware. Comp sci over Econ pretty much anyday of the week
CS
Reply 56
It all really does depend on what you like but computer science has to be one of the most boring things ever in my opinion, there both equal in there respected rights but personally I enjoy Econ more. I also feel like Econ is slightly more regarded as better nowadays because everybody uses computers and understands them to a degree.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending