The Student Room Group

Need a bit of advice

I am currently doing my A-levels and I need to get atleast AAB but I really need A*AA. I got 7 A's at GCSE so I'm not too worried but now I have to issue of dealing with a relationship.
A boy who has been a great mate for years has recently gotten an interest in me. My best friend has already asked him and he is going to ask me out on Monday.

Should I say yes or no. I need to concentrate on my A-levels but if I do say yes he will be my first ever proper boyfriend. Do you think I can balance a relationship with my A-levels?
Reply 1
I think you can but you will have to work on your time management. For example, see him one day a week (sounds harsh) but you are doing A levels and you will need to revise.!You could see him for a few hours on a weekend, watch a movie or go out to eat etc.

Just talk to him about it and he should understand. Say yes if you want to be in a relationship with him though! :smile:
Original post by Ishax
I think you can but you will have to work on your time management. For example, see him one day a week (sounds harsh) but you are doing A levels and you will need to revise.!You could see him for a few hours on a weekend, watch a movie or go out to eat etc.

Just talk to him about it and he should understand. Say yes if you want to be in a relationship with him though! :smile:

Thanks. And in all honesty he is rather shy so that might work perfectly.
From how you described the situation you are already seeing him as a burden, the real question here is do you really like him in that way and can you see yourself in a long time relationship with him?
Because 1) If he's a great mate now and you break up that's a friend lost
2) If you break up near exams that's going to mess you up even more

But if you do decide to say yes, from past experience I got in a relationship at the beginning of Year 12 and I felt myself not only worrying about my A-Levels but his as well, then there the University drama and long distance relationship hassle to deal with...long story short, make sure you are 100% into this guy before you make a decision.
No idea whether you can balance it. That is down to you and depends on how much he understands your need to study. The relationship could complement your studies or it could cause emotional turmoil. I have no idea what either of you are like so cant say whether it will be disruptive or complementary.
Reply 5
Original post by NatalieHunter
Thanks. And in all honesty he is rather shy so that might work perfectly.

Haha, it should be okay for now but near exam season you will have to be more stricter!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending