The Student Room Group

Biochemistry? Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by umz_rana
Yh thats what my teacher said. Do you study bichem?

Yes
Reply 21
Original post by starlight4711
Yes

Oh ok would you mind telling me what uni you go to? What is it about? What type of biology does it involve? I used to love cell biology and most of human didn't really like dna, mitosis etc.. what sort of chemistry does it have? How much maths is there?
Reply 22
Original post by umz_rana
Hmm oh ok wasn't maths a problem? What is biochem about as in what type of biology does it include? Because i really like some parts but I also dislike some is well.

Not really. There wasn't a lot of Maths in first year anyways.
Plus the more I practiced the calculations the easier it became.
Also my friend who did Maths A level went through the calculations with me until I understood them (it was really easy for her).

So this year we went through Cell Bio, Human Anatomy, Molecular Bio e.g. DNA, protein synthesis
But that's just what I studied, it doesn't mean you'll do the same modules. You'll have to check the course content on your uni's website or prospectus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by HAnwar
Not really. There wasn't a lot of Maths in first year anyways.
Plus the more I practiced the calculations the easier it became.
Also my friend who did Maths A level went through the calculations with me until I understood them (it was really easy for her).

So this year we went through Cell Bio, Human Anatomy, Molecular Bio e.g. DNA, protein synthesis
But that's just what I studied, it doesn't mean you'll do the same modules. You'll have to check the course content on your uni's website or prospectus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok seems fun. Could you give me a short description of each module I just want to see whether it seems interesting or not, from there I can see if I'll be willing to work harder not having done a-level bio. Btw I have done the cell biology bit of a-level and I think that's really important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending