The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrinceHarrys
Shutting this down.

The extreme negativity, mysogany, hate, and pure idiocy a lot of you "men" post here daily truly makes me cringe Irl.

The reality here is: OP found a woman he loves and wanted to marry. Did it in an unconventional venue, and was a success. Good for him! Don't be such a negative ******* for the sake of beig a dick...

The insane amount of comments degrading women also has to stop. I'll begin mass banning for those comments when I see them. So knock it off.

OP has more life experience than the vast majority of the misc, with the average age being around 22, and knows his relationship better than anyone here. Who the fuk are you to tear him down? Get a life. Truly.
OP. I wish you the best of luck. It sounds like you've found a winner.

Are you actually high, or have you mistakenly white-knighted in the wrong thread under the wrong account?
Original post by Trinculo
Are you actually high, or have you mistakenly white-knighted in the wrong thread under the wrong account?

neither.

@richpanda can aware you
Original post by PrinceHarrys
neither.

@richpanda can aware you

Ah, should have guessed from "shutting this down"
Original post by 999tigger
Thanks, but I have the advantage of not being a pimply youth any more, so more experience, knowledge and insight. I'd be worried if I didnt know more.

The MO of boys at least tends to be very simplistic, they have one basic method that they imagine will work and just keep trying it until it works rather than adapting. I'm all for preserving my own meotional energy as its limited, so wasting it is a no no. Its over as far as the OP is concerned, shes made it clear and it becomes solely his problem. One of the thing men do big time is say sorry, things will change, they get back together and then voila they dont change and you are right back where you started.

The two things you need to look out for are when they say they love you, because a lot of that is just easier than making an effort it has the desired effect.

The other is when they cry, usually a ruse to show their sensitive side so you get back together, the girl is touched becayse the relationship means so much, but really most men are having a cry becayse they are lazy and it works to lure the gullible romantic female back.

Honestly take note and be on guard when either of those happen. Ofc its not every one (that would be too cynical and i'm not) but its a common mo for some men.

Im happy just being me I think and it would mean I had to behave on certain threads.

Is this speaking from personal experience? I'm not going to deny that some guys will do stuff like this of course
Done to others on numerous occasions. Crying shoulder moi. I'd never do it nor would I put up with much of it either. Makes me laugh when it happens again. I think some men are just good at faking these reserve tricks.

Reading and understanding people is a useful and important skill.
Original post by 999tigger
Done to others on numerous occasions. Crying shoulder moi. I'd never do it nor would I put up with much of it either. Makes me laugh when it happens again. I think some men are just good at faking these reserve tricks.

Reading and understanding people is a useful and important skill.

I have literally never experienced a guy pull those kinds of tricks on me or try to :laugh: I think OP must like the bad type tbh.

Is your plan to actually become a mod then?
@xobeauty How did I know this was going to be you :rofl:
Original post by BennDoon
Sorry to butt in, but I think you are trying to say these guys are still kids, they are immature, when out be aware of the guys who look desperate, and be careful out there girls, you live among cave dwellers, yes even today the caveman exists, I'm the older guy here, I know, you seem to be lucky I am trying to keep my wife going she is in a bad way, that nasty thing called "CANCER", don't worry we are trying to be strong, anyway I've strayed off, you need to use your mind and confuse these boys by just being yourself, try this when they try it on, say things like Plato would have done that better, or Aristotle had a phrase for that, if they think you are more intelligent they will bugger off,and you most probably are more intelligent than them. Good luck.

I can't tell if you're a troll or not with that username...
Original post by WoodyMKC
@xobeauty How did I know this was going to be you :rofl:

You tell me please
Reply 49
men have a hard time accepting things. it hardly makes us mentally challenged. its not like we go all bunny boiler like a lot of you women do!

Latest

Trending

Trending