The Student Room Group

How detailed does your personal statement need to be ?

Hi, I am thinking about applying for accouting at uni but there isn't any work experience available for me to take up. Thus, I could only talk about my book reading outside the school but this really confuses me as I am quite unsure about how much you need to go into talking about what you have learnt. For example, I have read personal statements in which people just commented briefly on the books but isn't that just waffles? However, going deeper into what I have learnt, I feel as though I am writing an essay and actuallt analysing the book....

Any advice will help, thanks.
A paragraph max if you really have nothing else to talk about. Talk about what was interesting, why it was interesting, and your evaluation of it.
Reply 2
Original post by Abstract_Prism
A paragraph max if you really have nothing else to talk about. Talk about what was interesting, why it was interesting, and your evaluation of it.

Basically I have talked about one documentary for so long that it took up half of a paragraph. I have got other books to talk about as well but I put something like this gives me a different perception in ..... Isn't this too vague though ? Thanks
Original post by coconut64
Basically I have talked about one documentary for so long that it took up half of a paragraph. I have got other books to talk about as well but I put something like this gives me a different perception in ..... Isn't this too vague though ? Thanks

You'd be a little more precise, for example you might say why something you read has convinced you that your subject is really important, or why this particular part of your subject is especially interesting, and maybe even your response to it if it's a theory, maybe your criticisms of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending